• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Removing barriers for trade after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Toads have rights too!
    particularly those of the short forest.
    and don't forget newts

Comment

Looks like the High Court have removed some barriers to Aviva’s ability to trade:

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I said in the past and will not be tired to repeat: Tory Scum's thinking is to have tariffs which is a sneaky way to increase VAT: unlike VAT you won't get that tax itemised on purchase, so it's a way to increase indirect taxation on goods (including those that don't have VAT on them), a token income tax cut will be offered.
        And this will be a tax that will hit all consumers, not just the rich. In fact, the poorer in society are proportionally hit the hardest by taxes like VAT so once again, the Tories taking from the poorest. Ironically, these poorer were duped to vote for this, but then we always knew the poor would be worse off.

Hey ho ...
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          And this will be a tax that will hit all consumers, not just the rich. In fact, the poorer in society are proportionally hit the hardest by taxes like VAT so once again, the Tories taking from the poorest. Ironically, these poorer were duped to vote for this, but then we always knew the poor would be worse off.

Hey ho ...
          With or withour Brexit, the poor would be worse off. However Brexit will accelerate the process.

Soon parliament will cede control of the UK to the city.

The first Rothschild "If I run the money of a country, I care not who governs it". Or something like that.

We need a depression. Its the only way rich/poor inequality is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            particularly those of the short forest.
            and don't forget newts

Blessed are the Cheese Makers

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              The government will apply tariffs to food imports to protect British farmers in a no-deal scenario, the environment secretary, Michael Gove, has confirmed.

And, contrary to claims by hard Brexiters, he warned that delays were likely in Calais because of mandatory EU checks on food imports on the French side of the channel.

The tariff regime Britain would like to apply in the event of no deal will be revealed in the “next few days”.

UK will apply food tariffs in case of no deal, Michael Gove says | Politics | The Guardian
              Thank you for the info! It`s inetersting for me to read about Brexit from time to time. From economic point of view, I think it can be beneficial for the Economy to have less regulations

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Blessed are the Cheese Makers
                I think you the makers of dairy products in general
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Richards View Post
                  Thank you for the info! It`s inetersting for me to read about Brexit from time to time. From economic point of view, I think it can be beneficial for the Economy to have less regulations
                  The U.K. economy may or may not have fewer regulations. However, when trading with external parties as a third country, we will still need to comply with their regulations.

The French Government have released their instructions for SPS checks on agricultural goods imported into the EU through their borders (ie Calais mainly).

Looks like, as previously advised, Calais are prepared for No Deal. Their preparation being to impose the standard non-tariff barriers to the U.K. as they would to any third country.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I think you the makers of dairy products in general
                    They will be very blessed soon, as the UK swoops in to replace EU dairy imports to Indonesia!

Indonesia minister proposes dairy tariffs to fight EU biodiesel duties - Reuters

Comment

Visa applications may take weeks, something that has been ignored in the discussions so far. So UK lorry drivers may not even be allowed to cross the border

Comment

Working...
                      X