• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project FEAR - Food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project FEAR - Food

There is a lot of project fear around food at the moment. Mostly the EU will starve us to death.

Well I did a bit of label reading in the supermarket.

Here's the shocking fact.

Flour - UK produced from UK wheat
    Eggs - UK produced using UK chickens
    Milk - UK produced using UK cows
    Bread - UK produced using UK Flour
    Butter - UK produced from UK Milk
    Bacon - UK produced from UK pork
    Oil - UK produced from UK rape seed
    Tea - Produced in India
    Coffee - Produced in South America

There you go, fry ups, bacon sarnies, tea, coffee, all the staples, safe from the EU bastards

Is there enough produced in the UK to satisfy existing demand?

I guess after Brexit wipes out the weakest there will be enough for the new Ûber Post-Brexiticus species

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Is there enough produced in the UK to satisfy existing demand?
      Well, if not, businesses will expand, jobs created, wealth generated. Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yeah that’s the attitude - sheep farmers in Wales will just switch to chickens instead

Comment

Such a bunch of defeatist, loser, stubborn, inflexible, unimaginative, dull people, almost addicted to project fear nonsense.

Brexit really has highlighted Britain's main issues. Too many losers unable to adapt and prosper from opportunity.

Hard Brexit, bring it on!

Comment

Such a bunch of defeatist, loser, stubborn, inflexible, unimaginative, dull people, almost addicted to project fear nonsense.

Brexit really has highlighted Britain's main issues. Too many losers unable to adapt and prosper from opportunity.

Hard Brexit, bring it on!

you missed whining immigrants and smug, self satisfied expats

Comment

I’m planting coffee beans in my back yard next week. Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                I’m planting coffee beans in my back yard next week. Boomed!
                Coffee comes generally from South America (look it up), you uneducated wank puffin!

Boomed!

Comment

Coffee comes generally from South America (look it up), you uneducated wank puffin!

Boomed!
                  Excluding Brazil, coffee generally comes in from developing countries at 0% tariff under EU EBA treaties, that we will be leaving on 29 March.

That’s why I need to grow my own....

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Excluding Brazil, coffee generally comes in from developing countries at 0% tariff under EU EBA treaties, that we will be leaving on 29 March.

That’s why I need to grow my own....
                    You best leave and **** off soon them, because according to all your hysteria, there will be no food, and you and your family are all going to suffer and painful death.

Bye!

Comment

Working...
                    X