• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit could be delayed until 2021, EU sources reveal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Your point being?

how does this compare to your MPs stance on all things. At mine isn't necessarily someone who votes along party lines regardless.
    But he does vote according to how he thinks his imaginary Sky Fairy would like him to.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      But he does vote according to how he thinks his imaginary Sky Fairy would like him to.
      Your point being?

Comment

Your point being?

how does this compare to your MPs stance on all things. At mine isn't necessarily someone who votes along party lines regardless.

My point being that hardly any of his credentials that you listed make him pro-Brexit.

His hatred of humanity, his love of privatisation and his religious beliefs contradict each other. He doesn't vote based on what he claims to believe, so he's a hypocrite.

As for my MP, I didn't vote for him. He's a Eurosceptic but was pro-remain because he believed it was in the best interests of future generations, i.e. not just in the interest of xenophobic doddery old farts who aren't long of this world.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          My point being that hardly any of his credentials that you listed make him pro-Brexit.

His hatred of humanity, his love of privatisation and his religious beliefs contradict each other. He doesn't vote based on what he claims to believe, so he's a hypocrite.

As for my MP, I didn't vote for him. He's a Eurosceptic but was pro-remain because he believed it was in the best interests of future generations, i.e. not just in the interest of xenophobic doddery old farts who aren't long of this world.
          I didn't vote for my MP either, so we have something in common.

You MP is a Eurosceptic but wants to remain in something that he doesn't believe in. Kind of Hyprocritical don't you think. Which means...we have two things in common. At this rate we will be married next week.

Comment

Your point being?
            You present him as independently minded, but he votes according to the positions taken by an undemocratic, unaccountable continental bureaucracy, based on their interpretation of the wishes of an imaginary being.

Comment

You present him as independently minded, but he votes according to the positions taken by an undemocratic, unaccountable continental bureaucracy, based on their interpretation of the wishes of an imaginary being.
              Ah so you can prove the no existence of God can you?

Comment

I didn't vote for my MP either, so we have something in common.

You MP is a Eurosceptic but wants to remain in something that he doesn't believe in. Kind of Hyprocritical don't you think. Which means...we have two things in common. At this rate we will be married next week.
                It's not hypocritical. It's a pragmatic position to want to stay in an EU that one doesn't support, if one sees that leaving the EU would cause the UK significant harm. Some people believe that the harmonisation of weights and measures is part of a price worth paying for participation in the free market.

Comment

The important thing is that oPM just blunders on regards, rather than considering what else he may have wrong.
                  Yeah dunno why I just had it in my head that GE turnout was very low - must be thinking of something else - which having done some googling tells me I was thinking of the MEP elections - 2014 European Parliament election in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Yeah dunno why I just had it in my head that GE turnout was very low
                    Would you like one of us to tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Yeah dunno why I just had it in my head that GE turnout was very low - must be thinking of something else - which having done some googling tells me I was thinking of the MEP elections - 2014 European Parliament election in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
                      Aren't the next ones in May? Which MEP will you vote for?

Comment

Working...
                      X