• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Deal exports grind to a halt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Where was the double negative?
    Really you need someone to point it out to you. You must be more stupid than i gave you credit for.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Really you need someone to point it out to you. You must be more stupid than i gave you credit for.

Help me out then.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        It seems to be a common theme among Brexiters - “we want change!”, closely followed by “why do things have to change?!”.

It’s all so unfair....
        With a whole heap of the EU are bullying us (even though apparently they need us more than them and we hold all the cards )
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Help me out then.
          Not unless you are willing to put some effort in yourself. I'm not spoon feeding you

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            With a whole heap of the EU are bullying us (even though apparently they need us more than them and we hold all the cards )
            And the opposite of that view is.....Yes Angela, No Angela, whatever you say Angela. Please beat me some more with that big stick you are holding Angela, I deserve it. Whilst her court jester Macaroon does his little jig in support nearby.

Comment

Not unless you are willing to put some effort in yourself. I'm not spoon feeding you
              Fair enough. My understanding is that...

It’s pseudo-intellectual BS that doesn’t actually mean nothing.
              ...would be a double negative, whereas...

It’s pseudo-intellectual BS that doesn’t actually mean anything.
              ...is just a correctly formed negative statement. Help me out.

Comment

Fair enough. My understanding is that...

...would be a double negative, whereas...

...is just a correctly formed negative statement. Help me out.
                Your right one of understanding is correct. Now all you have to do is work out which one.

if it doesn't mean anything (which by definition of anything must also include nothing (as anything is the superset including everything)) what does it mean

If its pseudo-intellectual then its is not intellectual
                If its BS then I think most would agree that it also is not intellectual
                So if its pseudo intellectual BS is must be non-intellectual non intellectual
                Last edited by Yorkie62; 26 February 2019, 12:39.

Comment

Your right one of understanding is correct. Now all you have to do is work out which one.
                  I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Time for you to show your cards.

Comment

Yep I did know what I was voting for actually. I want change because the status quo is not working. The status quo only supports the ruling elite, that is why the likes of David Cameron wanted to remain. A vote to remain was a vote for the ruling elite and for the continued oppression of the common man.

Unlike yourself that believes any and all change is bad.
                    This is hilarious. This should be framed and put on a wall somewhere
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      This is hilarious. This should be framed and put on a wall somewhere
                      Why?
                      Your statement is neither funny, or intellectual. Why do you think your statement is hilarious and why do you think it should be framed and put on a wall?

Comment

Working...
                      X