• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Deal exports grind to a halt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Right so let me understand this

The pallets must exist in the UK right now - because we trade with the EU with no problems and no one has ever mentioned access to pallets is an issue.

So come the day we leave the EU - but we still continue to trade with them and they continue to trade with us - why are all the fooking pallets suddenly going to go awol?

Are the EU going to send a load of ninja's over to steal 'em?

It's because you haven't read what has been written.
    1. Who owns the pallets?
    2. Where do UK companies get their pallets from?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It's because you haven't read what has been written.
      1. Who owns the pallets?
      2. Where do UK companies get their pallets from?
      So after we leave we still send our stuff on the EU pallets until they run out.

And what EU companies start sending their stuff on non standard pallets and so we do not get a resupply..

Hmmm I have a funny feeling our guys do not want random tulip pallets either so they may start to reject the EU goods for not being on standard pallets.

Or are you saying they will send stuff over on EU pallets, wait for them to be unloaded and then take the empty pallets back - I think that is not going to happen.

Comment

So after we leave we still send our stuff on the EU pallets until they run out.

And what EU companies start sending their stuff on non standard pallets and so we do not get a resupply..

Hmmm I have a funny feeling our guys do not want random tulip pallets either so they may start to reject the EU goods for not being on standard pallets.
        So, in your world, the main distribution warehouses in the UK that have been designed around EUR1/2/3/4 pallets will all have to be rebuilt to suit?

I have a funny feeling that you know very little about warehousing, but are just working on "how can we get revenge on the very bad decision I voted for"

Or are you saying they will send stuff over on EU pallets, wait for them to be unloaded and then take the empty pallets back - I think that is not going to happen.
        That does happen sometimes. What is more likely is they will send stuff over. When the UK sends stuff back, the pallet will be checked to see if it is to the standard required. If it isn't, the goods will be rejected.
        The current unrestricted flow of pallets to and fro across Europe (inc UK) means that there is never a backlog in one country while they cross borders. If the goods aren't getting in quick enough, then the outbound goods will not be able to leave the warehouses to go anywhere.

It's basic logistics. It's not politics. It's not the EU's fault. And it appears not to be something you're familiar with,
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So, in your world, the main distribution warehouses in the UK that have been designed around EUR1/2/3/4 pallets will all have to be rebuilt to suit?

I have a funny feeling that you know very little about warehousing, but are just working on "how can we get revenge on the very bad decision I voted for"

That does happen sometimes. What is more likely is they will send stuff over. When the UK sends stuff back, the pallet will be checked to see if it is to the standard required. If it isn't, the goods will be rejected.
          The current unrestricted flow of pallets to and fro across Europe (inc UK) means that there is never a backlog in one country while they cross borders. If the goods aren't getting in quick enough, then the outbound goods will not be able to leave the warehouses to go anywhere.

It's basic logistics. It's not politics. It's not the EU's fault. And it appears not to be something you're familiar with,
          Of course it's the EU's fault. The UK should be able to have its cake and eat it.

On the other hand, if oPM is afraid of changing pallets, maybe change isn't for him.
          Last edited by Old Greg; 28 February 2019, 17:49.

Comment

Working...
          X