• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU may insist on a long extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU may insist on a long extension

May can ask for a 2-month extention but she may only be offered a much longer one.

EU wants a Brexit delay but governments at odds over length, Government & Economy - THE BUSINESS TIMES

Mrs May on Tuesday promised the British Parliament a vote on a "short" postponement if it doesn't approve her deal by March 12. EU officials are relieved it lessens the chances of a crash-out Brexit at the end of next month but say there must be a clear plan for what's going to happen during the extra period. And because all 27 remaining leaders have to give their consent, they get to dictate terms.

No wonder moggy is getting hot under the collar.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      No wonder moggy is getting hot under the collar.
      We all know where he likes a long extension.

Comment

I am sure we will get 2 months. In exchange for NI. And Gibraltar. And fishing rights to within 12 meters of high water mark

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          I am sure we will get 2 months. In exchange for NI. And Gibraltar. And fishing rights to within 12 meters of high water mark
          And our souls. And quite a lot of money...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I am sure we will get 2 months. In exchange for NI. And Gibraltar. And fishing rights to within 12 millimetres of high water mark
            FTFY

Typical bloke getting metres confused with millimetres.

Comment

And if NI goes, then the government has 49.6% of the seats (down from 50.4%)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                And if NI goes, then the government has 49.6% of the seats (down from 50.4%)
                We save ourselves a few billion though. I wonder what that number looks like on the side of a bus...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  We save ourselves a few billion though. I wonder what that number looks like on the side of a bus...

I can picture it now......."Why don't we use the 350 Million a week we save to buy comfort blankets and incontinence pants for our "easily offendeds"?"

That ought to strike a chord with 48% of the population anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    I can picture it now......."Why don't we use the 350 Million a week we save to buy comfort blankets and incontinence pants for our "easily offendeds"?"

That ought to strike a chord with 48% of the population anyway.

Or you could make us all a nice cup of tea. Good man.

Comment

Working...
                    X