• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send a gunboat!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ah yes - bit early for me still

11:59 pm is a bit early for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Spudboy will defend our fishermen by throwing potato peelings at the Irish
      That's rather insensitive. The Irish have a bit of history regarding potatoes.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        There was a time when they would have been glad of being pelted by potato peelings.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          There was a time when they would have been glad of being pelted by potato peelings.
          Cue a rousing verse of "The Fields of Athenry" - join in OG, you're a plastic rebel!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Sending a gun boat did the UK so much good in the cod war. USA told the UK to back off as Iceland threatened to seek closer ties with Russia. And of course the UK government said "of course".

I think the easiest solution is o hand NI over to Ireland.
            What if Ireland doesn't actually want NI?
            The UK government pays NI about 10 billion a year and in return the Irish up north pretend to be British. Would the Republic give them 10 billion?
            If Norway gave be £10000 a year then I promise to tell everyone that I am Norwegian.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
              What if Ireland doesn't actually want NI?
              The UK government pays NI about 10 billion a year and in return the Irish up north pretend to be British. Would the Republic give them 10 billion?
              If Norway gave be £10000 a year then I promise to tell everyone that I am Norwegian.
              Cheepskate!

Comment

Working...
              X