• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government insists US trade deal won't lower food standards for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm...rabbit...yum

Deep fried hamster FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      If we're meat eaters, why should we be bothered by which animal flesh we eat? Xenophobes will mock the French for eating horse, but why is that any different to cow? We're sensitive about eating animals that are our pets, like dogs and cats, yet we'll eat a rabbit.

There are some animals that might not be as palatable as others but if you're hungry enough, you'll learn to enjoy it; mustelid meat is not great apparently so badger might be best curried!
      100% agree with you.

I'm still baffled about the horse meat lasagna scandal. Horse meat is so freaking delicious. Donkey meat even better.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Mmm...rabbit...yum

Deep fried hamster FTW
        Yum yum; hamster jam! Finished two pots and I have two lids from hamster jam.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          100% agree with you.

I'm still baffled about the horse meat lasagna scandal. Horse meat is so freaking delicious. Donkey meat even better.
          It's due to something called Labelling.

Let them label it and people can make an informed choice.

Not a fan of horse meat personally, when I tried it in France years ago, but then maybe it's an acquired taste?
          Some say the same for Venison, but I do like that...
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            It's due to something called Labelling.

Let them label it and people can make an informed choice.

Not a fan of horse meat personally, when I tried it in France years ago, but then maybe it's an acquired taste?
            Some say the same for Venison, but I do like that...
            I bought an expensive packet of Youngs Scampi, it was crap. I had to read TWO PAGES of small text only to find near the end the words “reformed”.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I bought an expensive packet of Youngs Scampi, it was crap. I had to read TWO PAGES of small text only to find near the end the words “reformed”.
              Isn't most/all scampi reformed?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Mmm...rabbit...yum

Deep fried hamster FTW
                Hamster and guinea pig should be skewered over hot coals for best effect
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Isn't most/all scampi reformed?
                  Yes, the whole and almost whole live langoustine gets sold to France, Spain and Italy, the smashed up tulip gets minced, shaped, battered and sold in the UK.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Mmm...rabbit...yum

Deep fried hamster FTW
                    i hope you removed the gaffer tape before deep frying

Comment

Mmm...rabbit...yum

Deep fried hamster FTW
                      Rat on a stick?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X