• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government insists US trade deal won't lower food standards for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Rat on a stick?
    or inna bun?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      100% agree with you.

I'm still baffled about the horse meat lasagna scandal. Horse meat is so freaking delicious. Donkey meat even better.

Problem was that the horse had been treated with drugs that made it unsuitable for human consumption.

Q&A: Horsemeat scandal - BBC News

The FSA ordered tests to check whether a drug given to horses, bute (phenylbutazone) - which can be dangerous to humans - had illegally entered the human food chain. It found eight horses, killed in the UK, had tested positive for bute and six may have entered the food chain in France. However, the levels detected are said to pose "very little risk to human health".
      I have no objection to clearly labelled & safe horse meat being on sale in the UK even if it comes from abroad.

Its not Xenophobia its a very reasonable response to food adulteration something the UK has been strict on since the Victorian times.

Ignore Warty he just makes tulip up.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Problem was that the horse had been treated with drugs that made it unsuitable for human consumption.

Q&A: Horsemeat scandal - BBC News

I have no objection to clearly labelled & safe horse meat being on sale in the UK even if it comes from abroad.

Its not Xenophobia its a very reasonable response to food adulteration something the UK has been strict on since the Victorian times.

Ignore Warty he just makes tulip up.
        Ha ha, you are so easily triggered. I said xenophobes will mock the French for eating horse meat, I didn't say the horse meat scandal was OK, or food labelled as beef can be sold as horse.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Ha ha, you are so easily triggered. I said xenophobes will mock the French for eating horse meat, I didn't say the horse meat scandal was OK, or food labelled as beef can be sold as horse.
          ooh look at it wriggle I'll pop it on a hook we will catch something nice with it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            So are 9 year old females.
            Mods?

Islam doesn't promote eating/copulating with/raping 9 year old females. To be clear: some Christian sects in the US also promoted this interpretation of the bible and were clearly wrong. Why don't you consider that of the various types of Islam? We don't see such rape in Malaysia, for example, where Islam is the majority religion.

Unbelievable that you're still in Scotland. Piss off back to your hole.

Comment

Working...
            X