• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government insists US trade deal won't lower food standards for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government insists US trade deal won't lower food standards for UK

4 Promise : We will deliver a strong NHS.

Reality : Waiting times have soared, A&E is in meltdown and medics were forced to strike.

5 Promise : We will cut net migration to below 100,000 people a year.

Reality : Migration is running at 273,000 a year.Government insists US trade deal won't lower food standards for UK - BBC News

I'd make a list of other promises this government said they not break but we're limited to only 10,000 characters per post.

Oh go on, here's a few

Promise : We will balance the books by 2017 and then run a budget surplus.

Reality : The deficit is still £50billion a year and will not even be closed by 2020.

2 Promise: We will not increase VAT, Income Tax or National Insurance Contributions.

Reality : Chancellor hiked NICs in first Budget before being shamed into a U-turn a week later.

3 Promise : We will work to end child poverty.

Reality : Child poverty is on the rise and forecast to get even worse when new welfare cuts kick in.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It won't be any worse than the Thistle Hotel Heathrow breakfast buffet.

Comment

I'm looking forward to not paying 8 quid a box for Reeses Puffs anymore because I have to subsidise a bunch of fat French farmers can't grow food economically.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I'm looking forward to not paying 8 quid a box for Reeses Puffs anymore because I have to subsidise a bunch of fat French farmers can't grow food economically.
        Shirley?

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"lower food standards"

Honestly?

The UK allowed brains to be mixed in with cattle feed and people got creutzfeldt jakob. We had to burn half the cows in the country with foot and mouth then we got told everyone was eating horse.

Food standards are one thing. Food quality is another.

Comment

"lower food standards"

Honestly?

The UK allowed brains to be mixed in with cattle feed and people got creutzfeldt jakob. We had to burn half the cows in the country with foot and mouth then we got told everyone was eating horse.

Food standards are one thing. Food quality is another.
            That was 20 years ago. Now the UK has the best beef in the world.
            And it was pretty good beef 20 years ago, if you didn't mind the risk of disease.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I was a butcher for 5 years. Worked in a shop whilst I got my degrees.

Comment

I was a butcher for 5 years. Worked in a shop whilst I got my degrees.
                How is that Media Studies degree from Leeds Poly working for you? I bet your Mom was so proud of your Desmond
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  How is that Media Studies degree from Leeds Poly working for you? I bet your Mom was so proud of your Desmond
                  My Mech BEng(Hons) is working out well thanks.

Comment

In the UK there are only 100 salmonella cases per year, in the US there are 1.2 million cases.

Once the UK food standards drop you will probably get salmonella at some point

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X