• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invites have been sent for my Brexit party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    So just you, your dildo and your dear departed dad.
    And a crate of Special Brew.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Farewell, Sylvester McMonkey McBean, prince of cats
      Jesus! What happened there? Did you try and mummify it? Before it died?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

A Brexit party is a good idea. The best way to celebrate would be to put two fingers up to EU regulations and serve up some "chlorinated" chicken.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

We are having a European night on the 29 March at El Chez Minestrone to celebrate our exit from the EU.

I'll keep you informed of the developments as I plan for this great night.
          Make sure you get the booze on sale-or-return. Failing that, hope we actually leave while the vino is still drinkable. And change the name of your house. There'll be a tax on foreign sounding names post-Brexit; Pret-a-Manger are already crapping themselves...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            A Brexit party is a good idea. The best way to celebrate would be to put two fingers up to EU regulations and serve up some "chlorinated" chicken.
            In the US, it is legal to wash chicken carcasses in strongly chlorinated water.

Producers argue that it stops the spread of microbial contamination from the bird's digestive tract to the meat, a method approved by US regulators.

But the practice has been banned in the EU since 1997, where only washing with cold air or water is allowed.

The EU argues that chlorine washes could increase the risk of bacterial-based diseases such as salmonella on the grounds that dirty abattoirs with sloppy standards would rely on it as a decontaminant rather than making sure their basic hygiene protocols were up to scratch.

There are also concerns that such "washes" would be used by less scrupulous meat processing plants to increase the shelf-life of meat, making it appear fresher than it really is.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Where did you get there values?

Comment

Tap water has been chlorinated for decades.

Anyone who complains about chlorinated chicken should be forced to go a month without water.

Comment

We are having a European night on the 29 March at El Chez Minestrone to celebrate our exit from the EU.

I'll keep you informed of the developments as I plan for this great night.
                  TOGA! TOGA!

Comment

I was going to resurrect this thread, but felt sorry for the poor fella. It was going to be a lonely party anyway, now it will be a lonely wake
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

How's it going, Mini?

Comment

Working...
                      X