• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit dividend reaching the regions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It’s interesting that the Leave group don’t like talking percentages, apart from the massive percentage win in the referendum.

What percentage of the UK government spending goes to the EU?
    Is it 99%?
    75%?
    52%?

I’d like to hear from a Brexiter to see if they know.
    Ooh me me me sir, pick me, I’ve just got my SA annual tax summary back from HMRC, it’s on that!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Ooh me me me sir, pick me, I’ve just got my SA annual tax summary back from HMRC, it’s on that!

Go on then, tell us all what percentage of government spend goes to the EU. It must be an extremely high number because we are supporting every single citizen in all the other countries and getting nothing positive back from it. 97% maybe?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Go on then, tell us all what percentage of government spend goes to the EU. It must be an extremely high number because we are supporting every single citizen in all the other countries and getting nothing positive back from it. 97% maybe?
        Total govt spend is about £800bn/year. Our net contribution to the EU is about £9bn/year.

So, about 1% ?

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          Total govt spend is about £800bn/year. Our net contribution to the EU is about £9bn/year.

So, about 1% ?

You can't seriously be suggesting that all these people desperate to leave the EU cause it's costing us a fortune are doing because of 1% of government spend?

So it's not about immigration, it's not about us sending them most of our money, it's not about taking back control, it's not about blue passports, does that mean it's actually just about English xenophobia?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You can't seriously be suggesting that all these people desperate to leave the EU cause it's costing us a fortune are doing because of 1% of government spend?

So it's not about immigration, it's not about us sending them most of our money, it's not about taking back control, it's not about blue passports, does that mean it's actually just about English xenophobia?
            And banana curvature.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And banana curvature.
              Don’t forget suckability of hoovers.

Comment

Don’t forget suckability of hoovers.
                And inefficient lightbulbs.

Comment

Don’t forget suckability of voters.
                  ftfy

Comment

ok - well feel free to send me 1 penny in every pound you earn

because you know why both whinging about it?

No you will not get anything back - although if you ask for something I may invite you to my house so I can humiliate you

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      ok - well feel free to send me 1 penny in every pound you earn

because you know why both whinging about it?

No you will not get anything back - although if you ask for something I may invite you to my house so I can humiliate you
                      At a personal level it’s paid out of taxes, not earnings. So the grand total the average person would pay is less than 50p per day.

Have a look at the back of your Statement of Account from HMRC, it’s all there.

Comment

Working...
                      X