• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK manufacturers panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the hurdles the Brexiteers face in posing their arguments is the image of chlorinated chickens.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      It is the Brexiteers responsibility to convince everyone else that it is in their own interests to destroy their own futures, so they can join with the Brexiteers to crash out of the EU.

Still waiting for the convincing arguments !

1. Sovereignty
      2. Jam, tea and biscuits

Comment

Democracy is all about thrashing out opposing ideas. If there aren't enough MPs to push this through then it failed because the Brexiteers didn't win the argument.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

The opposition brought a motion to the house for new elections and Brexiteers and their supporters opposed it, so any argument that MPs don't represent the electorate doesn't wash.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            Unifying the country is impossible until everyone accepts the democratic result of the referendum an get behind the objective. But its too late for that now as we are nearly at the end of the process. The country should have got behind its democratic decision in 2016 instead of continually arguing about the result. We are a divided country and until those that do not uphold the democratic result of the referendum we will continue to be a divided country. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
            You want us to get behind your idiotic decision to wreck the UK's financial stability and make us all poorer, just because you are scared/don't like people who look and talk different to you. Feck off you idiot.

You want us to get behind you, then convince us why your crap choice is good for our country. You can't keep whinging that we don't support you wah wah wah Sell your idea, win some hearts and minds, rather than keep attacking.

You'll never be forgiven by future generations for the damage you are doing. You want to be thought of as something more positive in future, then come up with some ideas. You want to go down in history as failures, then carry on as you are.

God, you guys really are as dim as they come
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You want us to get behind your idiotic decision to wreck the UK's financial stability and make us all poorer, just because you are scared/don't like people who look and talk different to you. Feck off you idiot.

You want us to get behind you, then convince us why your crap choice is good for our country. You can't keep whinging that we don't support you wah wah wah Sell your idea, win some hearts and minds, rather than keep attacking.

You'll never be forgiven by future generations for the damage you are doing. You want to be thought of as something more positive in future, then come up with some ideas. You want to go down in history as failures, then carry on as you are.

God, you guys really are as dim as they come
              1. So all brexiteers are racists.

2. You can't sell anything to someone who isn't listening.

3. Pleas evidence your claim. let us all have a look into your crystal ball, or loan me the use of your time machine. I know which time I'll return from!

Comment

Unifying the country is impossible until everyone accepts the democratic result of the referendum an get behind the objective.

And what is the objective - you've admitted this morning that Leave didn't have an objective... https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2628997
                Leave had a bunch of different ideas, but never coherently presented as a single objective with details behind it.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

1. So all brexiteers are racists.
                  Of course not ..... some are just xenophobes

That's your problem, not mine. You want to sell your vision. So sell it in a way that will encourage us to listen. Keeping wailing that it's all our fault (or the EU, lawyers, MPs who whoever is your target of the day) is not going to sell anything now, is it

3. Pleas evidence your claim. let us all have a look into your crystal ball, or loan me the use of your time machine. I know which time I'll return from!
                  Ok, I can't know for sure, but I can base it on conversations I have had over the past couple of years and extrapolate out. I'm pretty sure that you're selfishness and idiocy will never be forgotten. You can't convince us today why brexit is good; you can't even agree with yourselves what 'good' might even look like. You're making a mess of this and the impact will be felt for years to come. Yep, I'm pretty sure within 5 years no one will be admitting to voting out as they will be too ashamed of what they have done.

Suck it up buttercup ... you won. Enjoy the victory whilst it lasts
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Of course not ..... some are just xenophobes

That's your problem, not mine. You want to sell your vision. So sell it in a way that will encourage us to listen. Keeping wailing that it's all our fault (or the EU, lawyers, MPs who whoever is your target of the day) is not going to sell anything now, is it
                    In part you are right, but if the intended recipient continues to act like the 3 wise monkeys then there is little to no chance of any message however good or bad getting through

Ok, I can't know for sure, but I can base it on conversations I have had over the past couple of years and extrapolate out. I'm pretty sure that you're selfishness and idiocy will never be forgotten. You can't convince us today why brexit is good; you can't even agree with yourselves what 'good' might even look like. You're making a mess of this and the impact will be felt for years to come. Yep, I'm pretty sure within 5 years no one will be admitting to voting out as they will be too ashamed of what they have done.

I won't have a problem standing up I 5 years time ( well I might but that's an age thing) and saying I voted to leave. I made my bed and I am more than happy to lie in it. I will deal with those thing that I can influence as they happen, and those that I cannot WGF.

Suck it up buttercup ... you won. Enjoy the victory whilst it lasts
                    Yes we did you snowflake. Stop your whinging about how we won and deal with it.

Comment

Ok, I'm a moderate remainer. I'm unsure about the federalisation of Europe, and I think restricting immigration from outside the EU, could be a bad thing. I do, however, think in an era of supranational trading blocks, leaving one of the world's largest trading and regulatary blocks is a bad idea, even if it's only because of the negotiating power it affords us in dealing with similarly sized and smaller competing blocks.

So go on, I'm listening. Explain to me why we're better off out that in, because what I'm hearing from the remain side includes:

An unavoidable, and politically unpalatable border in Ireland.
                      Additional tariffs on goods entering and leaving the UK
                      The clowns currently responsible for the EU negotiations being responsible for future trade deals
                      Roaming charges being reintroduced for mobiles/data in Europe
                      Dismantling of workers rights, food and regulatory standards

and if we do rejoin the loss of the UK's current veto over pretty much anything which can be voted on inside the EU, the probability that we'll rejoin on a much worse deal, and the probability that we'll have to adopt the Euro.

All I'm hearing from the leave side is:

Europe need us more than we need them (with nothing to back that up)
                      Blue passports
                      We'll get our sovereignty back (never mind that the reason that things like freedom of labour haven't been implemented correctly by any UK government)

Serious question, tell me how we'll be better off....
                      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X