• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK manufacturers panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK manufacturers panic

'Time is RUNNING OUT!' Manufacturers in Brexit plea as exports FALL BEHIND domestic orders

remoaners !
    I'm alright Jack

They need to embrace the change ..... f'kin snowflakes. Brexit mean brexit!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nothing but poor management. They have known for two years that the UK was leaving the EU. Any failure to plan for all eventualities is nothing but a failure of the leadership of those organisations that are now complaining. They should have got their heads out of their ar*ses long ago and done a full risk assessment and had contingency plans. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Nothing but poor management. They have known for two years that the UK was leaving the EU. Any failure to plan for all eventualities is nothing but a failure of the leadership of those organisations that are now complaining. They should have got their heads out of their ar*ses long ago and done a full risk assessment and had contingency plans. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
        Ah, there we go, it’s all THEIR fault.

No matter that Brexiters have constantly told us that there would be sunlit uplands. That this would be the easiest deal in history.

What contingency plans do you suggest for a company exporting to China or Australia where their products are already en route? They don’t know what paperwork they need, what tariffs they will pay.

Do you expect them to have Plan A, Plan B, C, D, and pay for all different sorts of prep, “just in case”? To be fair, that would be more plans than the Brexiters have put together over the last 40 years.

The businesses that have made plans include the ones that are leaving the U.K. Do you now agree that they are making good business decisions to leave?

Comment

You'll find that certain high profile Leavers have said that this is good, businesses need uncertainty and that's what they're getting
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Ah, there we go, it’s all THEIR fault.

No matter that Brexiters have constantly told us that there would be sunlit uplands. That this would be the easiest deal in history.

What contingency plans do you suggest for a company exporting to China or Australia where their products are already en route? They don’t know what paperwork they need, what tariffs they will pay.

Do you expect them to have Plan A, Plan B, C, D, and pay for all different sorts of prep, “just in case”?
            FFS
            I thought you guys were supposed to be in IT and running your own PLCs. Do you know nothing about running a business or even a project

What sort of planning do you think goes into developing a ISMS (Information Security Management System). Do you think that all threats and vulnerabilities are considered (regardless of cost of doing so) or do you think an organisation that claims to be ISO27001 complaint picks and chooses or expects someone else to make the decisions for them. It's all about basic business risk management and having mitigation plans. the same is true of any project I have been involved with. There is a risk management plan which identifies all the risks to the project and has mitigation plans and budgets against those risks. They are reviewed regularly as more may develop and some risks may come to fruition as some may just disappear.
            Last edited by NotAllThere; 7 March 2019, 05:40. Reason: Edited to fix quoting.

Comment

UK manufacturers panic

FFS
              I thought you guys were supposed to be in IT and running your own PLCs. Do you know nothing about running a business or even a project

What sort of planning do you think goes into developing a ISMS (Information Security Management System). Do you think that all threats and vulnerabilities are considered (regardless of cost of doing so) or do you think an organisation that claims to be ISO27001 complaint picks and chooses or expects someone else to make the decisions for them. It's all about basic business risk management and having mitigation plans. the same is true of any project I have been involved with. There is a risk management plan which identifies all the risks to the project and has mitigation plans and budgets against those risks. They are reviewed regularly as more may develop and some risks may come to fruition as some may just disappear.
              Sounds like a detailed plan for infosec. Pity the Brexiters didn’t have one for leaving.

Comment

Sounds like a detailed plan for infosec. Pity the Brexiters didn’t have one for leaving.
                ON that I would agree with you. Our politicians failed us massively in that respect. Cameron, and to some respect, the whole of parliament, failed to do his due diligence before holding the referendum. the what if? should have been asked before the referendum but is wasn't because they thought he country would vote to remain. Our politicians stuck their heads in the sand and they were found wanting. Poor leadership, poor management.

We, as a country, have been massively let down by our politicians on all sides of the divide on Brexit.

Comment

ON that I would agree with you. Our politicians failed us massively in that respect. Cameron, and to some respect, the whole of parliament, failed to do his due diligence before holding the referendum. the what if? should have been asked before the referendum but is wasn't because they thought he country would vote to remain. Our politicians stuck their heads in the sand and they were found wanting. Poor leadership, poor management
                  Mate, Cameron was a Remainer. There are plenty of leading Brexiters, where are their plans?

Comment

Mate, Cameron was a Remainer. There are plenty of leading Brexiters, where are their plans?
                    OH and I was under the impression he was PM at the time. He was the CEO of UK PLC at the time. It was his responsibility. Instead he just ran away.

Now, I would agree that the team leading the Brexit campaign should have had more than just a few slogans. they should have had a plan of how they intended to tackle the EU negotiations. But there again lies the problem. the current CEO of UK PLC is still a remainer. The current leader in the negotiations T. May is a remainer. The civil servant heading up the UK negotiation team is a remainer. It is remainers that have got us into this mess. If you really want to blame the leaders of the Brexit campaign then they should have been given/handed/made to negotiate the terms of our departure.

Comment

Working...
                    X