• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

T-25 days...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    How do you know what will happen?Do you have a crystal ball? The withdrawal deal may or may not be agreed by parliament. Nobody knows.

Regardless of your prophetic powers, the EU wants the withdrawal deal that was agreed. They patently don't want no deal.

Have you got yourself in another muddle? Do you mean that they are behaving in a way that will lead to no deal, despite wanting the withdrawal deal?
    This. Which I would interpret as they are content with accepting no deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      This. Which I would interpret as they are content with accepting no deal.
      First of all you don't know what is going to happen. Secondly that is entirely different from what they want, even if true.

Comment

First of all you don't know what is going to happen. Secondly that is entirely different from what they want, even if true.
        You know what for once you are right I don't know what is going to happen. I know no more than anyone else on here wrt what will happen post BRexit despite what others might claim will happen.

Comment

First of all you don't know what is going to happen..
          There's more than a strong certainty FA is going to happen. No Brexit at all. Long grass treatment.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            There's more than a strong certainty FA is going to happen. No Brexit at all. Long grass treatment.
            Is that the same certainty that a Bitcoin will be worth millions this time next year, Rodney?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Is that the same certainty that a Bitcoin will be worth millions this time next year, Rodney?
              You still pestering the Brexit forum even though you've already deserted the UK and the EU?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                You still pestering the Brexit forum...
                As long it continues to provoke you, then yes.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But we all know they can't have that. So what option is left, given that we can't have an extension unless we can show that we have something that can be agreed.
                  The 27 sovereign nations agreed the deal with the UK government in good faith. The UK government is now trying to renege on that agreement and showing bad faith. This is not the EU's fault. They know no deal will be bad for them, but worse for the UK (big industry leaving the UK is evidence of that). It is up to the UK to come up with a solution it can get through parliament that is agreeable to the EU27 , or to ratify the already agreed deal. If the UK parliament can't do this it has the following choices:

1) revoke A50
                  2) Crash out of the EU
                  3) Ask to extend A50 (maybe for a GE or people's vote on the deal vs Remain. Can't see why EU would agree to an extension for anything else.)

Who knows what parliament with go for in the end. Ratifying May's deal seems the compromise that should happen, but the DUP and ERG minority extremists are holding May to ransom.

That reminds me, I need to get down Waitrose for some more
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I know no more than anyone else on here wrt what will happen post BRexit despite what others might claim will happen.
                    Is it at all possible that some on here might possibly know more than you?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Is it at all possible that some on here might possibly know more than you?
                      I seriously doubt that

Comment

Working...
                      X