• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Despite Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You didn’t have to read far to get to the words you highlighted in bold, they’re literally in the first paragraph.
    Ok then, so upon reflection, do you think the use of the word 'rush' in the headline is histrionic and unwarranted?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Despite Brexit

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Ok then, so upon reflection, do you think the use of the word 'rush' in the headline is histrionic and unwarranted?
      Contact The Times

You’re welcome.

Comment

Contact The Times

You’re welcome.
        I asked what you thought, not how to contact them.

HTH BIDI
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I asked what you thought, not how to contact them.

HTH BIDI
          Oh. No, I didn’t and don’t care. You sounded like you did, so I was only trying to help.

I was more interested in the oddity of why more foreign persons of high net worth were coming to Britain (the OP) while British ones appeared to be leaving (The Times).

At a guess, Russians / Chinese / Saudis like coming to London for the prestige, whereas the Brits like to get away to foreign climes to be more anonymous.

Comment

... whereas the Brits like to get away to foreign climes to be more anonymous.
            greetings from a tax haven.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh. No, I didn’t and don’t care. You sounded like you did, so I was only trying to help.

I was more interested in the oddity of why more foreign persons of high net worth were coming to Britain (the OP) while British ones appeared to be leaving (The Times).

At a guess, Russians / Chinese / Saudis like coming to London for the prestige, whereas the Brits like to get away to foreign climes to be more anonymous.
              Yes, that's what I was expecting, given your prior contributions on the forum - just wanted you to confirm it, so thanks you did help.

Lower taxes and/or better weather perhaps?
              (Given their names and wealth are known...)
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yes, that's what I was expecting, given your prior contributions on the forum - just wanted you to confirm it, so thanks you did help.

Lower taxes and/or better weather perhaps?
                (Given their names and wealth are known...)
                Why would I care what the tone of the headline is? They’re not usually written by the story writer anyway.

Lower taxes is a given, I don’t think it matters for high net worth individuals, much of their money would be as tax efficient as it could be no matter which country they are tax resident in, through trusts, companies, “charities”, etc.

Weather? Yeah, perhaps. I can see the attraction of Monaco over Hull weather-wise.

Comment

Why would I care what the tone of the headline is? They’re not usually written by the story writer anyway.

Lower taxes is a given, I don’t think it matters for high net worth individuals, much of their money would be as tax efficient as it could be no matter which country they are tax resident in, through trusts, companies, “charities”, etc.

Weather? Yeah, perhaps. I can see the attraction of Monaco over Hull weather-wise.
                  The problem with Monaco is everything is uphill from the waterfront. In Hull you can walk for miles before you encounter anything higher then Kerb height.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    The problem with Monaco is everything is uphill from the waterfront. In Hull you can walk for miles before you encounter anything higher then Kerb height.
                    You’re probably biased (with fair reason), but is that the only difference / problem? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      It's only uphill from the waterfront if you don't have something moored to get into.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X