• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit boost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, more and more people are prepping for the post-Brexit post-meat future that awaits this country...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Care to translate for those of us who don't read colloquial Dutch. Or Flemish?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        House prices grow by highest on record in February after fall in January, Despite Brexit™

But they said they'd be 100% unemployment, starvation and death in 2017 and 2018, how come everyone has so much money to spend?
        As reported, this is a one month 'blip' and in this sector volatility month on month should not be used to infer the state of the market overall. Estate agents are giving profit warnings, closing down (we've lost 2 local agents since Christmas), very little sales. The expectation is still a very small increase in property prices during 2019. Until Brexit is sorted nothing will change.

Nice try, but no, you're wrong, Brexit IS still having a major impact on the property market

Next
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Experts have said Scotland's economy could be boosted by £4.5bn with a rural university says Experts have said Scotland's economy could be boosted by £4.5bn with a rural university.
          Is the EU stopping him from builing a university now?

He also gives the example of Norway being a country that benifis, which happens to be in the single market (EFTA) and has freem movement of people.

It's the BBC using cut and paste from press realeases rather than asking questions.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Care to translate for those of us who don't read colloquial Dutch. Or Flemish?
            i can't, - it's a hagenaar cartoon character written by a friend <now, sadly, deceased>
            and it's very colloquial.
            i just grabbed the first one i found.

Comment

Guy on the left: I see no ...
              The copper: "I still find that annoying".
              "I see no sweetheart/shadow ...
              "Do you write that with a..."

Paging Erikur...

Comment

I have the translation.

Harry: I didn't say "bloodycoppah", I said "lovelycoppah, bloodycoppah".
                Copper: I resent that even more. Do you spell bloodycoppah with a circumflex?

Apparently this refers to the Hague spelling of Kankah. Which means cancer - what I've translated as "bloodycoppah" is actually "cancercopper". The T-shirt says "say it with disease". In the Hague, they swear with diseases.

So now when you want to insult Erikur, you can just call him mumps or something.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Guy on the left: I see no ...
                  The copper: "I still find that annoying".
                  "I see no sweetheart/shadow ...
                  "Do you write that with a..."

Paging Erikur...
                  It's in a very exaggerated The Hague accent

The guy on the left
                  I didn't say cancer cop
                  I said honeybunny
                  cancercop

Cop:
                  That's even worse
                  Do you write that with an â?

(PS the Dutch like to swear using diseases like cancer, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, etc in front of a noun such as man, woman, mess so that's why he says cancercop)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    It's in a very exaggerated The Hague accent

The guy on the left
                    I didn't say cancer cop
                    I said honeybunny
                    cancercop

Cop:
                    That's even worse
                    Do you write that with an â?

(PS the Dutch like to swear using diseases like cancer, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, etc in front of a noun such as man, woman, mess so that's why he says cancercop)
                    Feck me, that in itself is enough to cut ties with Europe.

Comment

Working...
                    X