• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Add your brexit jokes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    I'm not right wing or a racist, I lean to the left. I think comedy should never be censored whether you agree with it or not.
    I agree, comedy should not be censored. The memes though were not comedy, they were racist twunt inflammatory posts aimed purely to accuse people of being offended by white terrorist attacks but not non-white attacks. Please do explain how that is funny?

If you find any of the memes that the idiot posted even remotely funny, I'd say you're clutching at straws thinking you're left leaning fella. I'm right leaning and I don't find them remotely funny; not of my left leaning friends would find them funny.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Would it be OK to turn up to a child's funeral and start making sick jokes, or would that be a boundary for comedy? Just looking to establish first whether comedy does in fact have boundaries.
      Some might find this had crossed the boundary.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I agree, comedy should not be censored. The memes though were not comedy, they were racist twunt inflammatory posts aimed purely to accuse people of being offended by white terrorist attacks but not non-white attacks. Please do explain how that is funny?

If you find any of the memes that the idiot posted even remotely funny, I'd say you're clutching at straws thinking you're left leaning fella. I'm right leaning and I don't find them remotely funny; not of my left leaning friends would find them funny.
      They're not just unfunny, they make no sense. Which asocials, gays or junkie groups are advocating stalinsim? It's just dumb.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        You see, I found that funny.

However, had we known Spuddy had been a violent parent (which I assume he wasn't) or had been a victim of child violence (which again I assume he wasn't) then this would not be funny as it was aimed at him and would have been offensive. For the record, I did have a violent father, who was an alcoholic, but I still find this funny.

oPM was using skin colour/religion differences of the killers to make a point rather than trying to be humourous about killers in general. You see the difference?

Comment

About as funny and as relevant as "original PM cares more about Britain leaving the EU then people dying due to terrorism".

@Unix - There are boundaries to comedy - that's why people like the Not The Nine O' Clock News team back in the 80's, and people like Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle used to push them. Saying something way beyond the current boundary and than saying "it's just a joke" doesn't mean it is a joke. And even within the boundary saying "It's just a joke" doesn't mean it has any value or is funny to anyone.

I though the bit about "countries we invented" was faintly amusing. The rest was just puerile crap.
          The cry of censorship is a form of the right-wing political correctness, which typically occurs when racists assert their right to say racist things, but then throw a hissy fit when someone else asserts their right to call them out as racists.

In this case, someone asserts their right to tell any 'joke' they please, but when it is criticised (not censored or threatened with censorship), there is a cry of censorship.

In both cases, people pretend to be in favour of free speech, and against shutting down 'debate', but they then try to shut down debate. In fact, what they want is the right to say whatever they like, without criticism.

But then, oPM has shown his partiality towards Hitler, (by showing a lack of impartiality when comparing Hitler to Mao) so no surprises there.

Comment

They're not just unfunny, they make no sense. Which asocials, gays or junkie groups are advocating stalinsim? It's just dumb.
            I ignored that meme as you say, it's just dumb and makes no sense.

It's the memes that specifically try to use race as a distinguishing factor that is wrong. As I said in another post, the 'joke' could have been about terrorist attacks in general, but no, the meme specifically compared a white killer to a non-white killer. That is racism.

Comment

Seriously??

You just go to the next Gay Pride parade with an I love Theresa May badge on...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Seriously??

She's probably an icon in at least one gay sub-culture.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Seriously??

How do you make the leap from “gays don’t like Theresa May” to “gays advocate for Stalinism”?

Comment

There are plenty of right wing and Tory homosexuals. Once again opm shows what an utter moron he is. Just when you think you've plumbed the depth of his ignorance...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There are plenty of right wing and Tory homosexuals. Once again opm shows what an utter moron he is. Just when you think you've plumbed the depth of his ignorance...
                      Like a lot of people who show partiality towards Hitler, he likes to present himself as a staunch opponent of communism. Lord Haw Haw was similar in this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X