• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Add your brexit jokes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Which CUK Leaver got a tattoo recently:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

According to Brexiters, the clergy eat vegans:

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          According to Brexiters, the clergy eat vegans:

Wonder how the gammons would react if all mosques started calling out for prayer at the same time

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Wonder how the gammons would react if all mosques started calling out for prayer at the same time

They do you idiot.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Salat: daily prayers

Salat is the obligatory Muslim prayers, performed five times each day by Muslims. It is the second Pillar of Islam.God ordered Muslims to pray at five set times of day:
              • Salat al-fajr: dawn, before sunrise
              • Salat al-zuhr: midday, after the sun passes its highest
              • Salat al-'asr: the late part of the afternoon
              • Salat al-maghrib: just after sunset
              • Salat al-'isha: between sunset and midnight
              A few mosques are permitted to use loudspeakers for Adhan after asking for government approval.

Petition for UK mosques to make loud call to prayer THREE TIMES a day | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Were we originally a Muslim country I imagine we would expect all Mosques to have amplified calls to prayer, we aren't so we sound bells in our christian churches to summon worshippers and you are trying to make it a racial issue
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Were we originally a Muslim country I imagine we would expect all Mosques to have amplified calls to prayer, we aren't so we sound bells in our christian churches to summon worshippers and you are trying to make it a racial issue
                Were we a Christian country, then I would accept your argument. We are not, and the far right attitude of many who use the word “Christian” to describe themselves or the country is the antithesis of Christ’s message.

Doesn’t matter whether hatred is racist or not, hatred is hatred. Using the word “christian” to justify it is wrong.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Were we a Christian country, then I would accept your argument. We are not, and the far right attitude of many who use the word “Christian” to describe themselves or the country is the antithesis of Christ’s message.

Doesn’t matter whether hatred is racist or not, hatred is hatred. Using the word “christian” to justify it is wrong.
                  I suspect you misunderstood me because you want to attack me. I will however explain it for the hard of thinking.

We WERE ORIGINALLY a Christian country. We slowly converted to a secular country after Henry the 8th decided to reform the church so he could get his end away and pay for wars. We still have a country littered with churches that have sounded their bells since they were built over a millennia ago.

If you go to the Middle East the landscape is similarly adorned with Mosques sounding Adhan from their minarets, they too have done it for a thousand plus years. It is a little noisy at dawn but its their country and their faith so I quite enjoyed it.

I should imagine non Muslim faiths have to apply for permission to sound bells or similar in the middle east and other traditionally Muslim countries many are restricted as to where they can build their churches (they have a christian quarter) yet Mosques have more relaxed rules for their traditional dominant faith in that country. This is as it should be and I have no problem with it so long as it causes no harm.

This has nothing to do with prejudice! It is to do with history, so stop making tulip up and accusing everyone of racism without any evidence, you might end up working for Lily Allen, the bbc or the Labour party.

As I may have mentioned before I am an atheist I dislike all religions who force their followers to do or encourage them to do hateful things, none of them have a clean slate on that.

I do like some Christian, Jewish and Muslim values as they underpin our civilisation (its surprising how similar the laws are its almost like there was only one Abrahamic god figure used as the basis for the fiction series 'I am your vengeful God').

You can though carry on worshipping false idols all you like if it makes you happy. But please keep your hands off your neighbours ass, GJABs baggsied that, but of course God aka Allah etc. would smite him as he is a sinner!

So actually suggesting I am hiding behind Christianity to allow me to correct Elrikur's stupidity about Islam is because I am bigoted is mightily offensive.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    We slowly converted to a secular country after Henry the 8th decided to reform the church so he could get his end away and pay for wars.
                    Not really. The UK isn't, officially, a secular country as there is no separation between church and state. Secularisation didn't step in until the 1960s.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

and again FFS!

bunch of feckwits

Comment

Working...
                      X