Add your brexit jokes here Add your brexit jokes here - Page 84
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Posts 831 to 840 of 960
  1. #831

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,577

    Default

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  2. #832

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,577

    Default

    Which CUK Leaver got a tattoo recently:

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  3. #833

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,577

    Default

    According to Brexiters, the clergy eat vegans:

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  4. #834

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    According to Brexiters, the clergy eat vegans:

    Wonder how the gammons would react if all mosques started calling out for prayer at the same time

  5. #835

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,577

    Default

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  6. #836

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    32,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Wonder how the gammons would react if all mosques started calling out for prayer at the same time

    They do you idiot.

    BBC - Religions - Islam: Salat: daily prayers

    Salat is the obligatory Muslim prayers, performed five times each day by Muslims. It is the second Pillar of Islam.God ordered Muslims to pray at five set times of day:

    • Salat al-fajr: dawn, before sunrise
    • Salat al-zuhr: midday, after the sun passes its highest
    • Salat al-'asr: the late part of the afternoon
    • Salat al-maghrib: just after sunset
    • Salat al-'isha: between sunset and midnight
    A few mosques are permitted to use loudspeakers for Adhan after asking for government approval.

    Petition for UK mosques to make loud call to prayer THREE TIMES a day | UK | News | Express.co.uk

    Were we originally a Muslim country I imagine we would expect all Mosques to have amplified calls to prayer, we aren't so we sound bells in our christian churches to summon worshippers and you are trying to make it a racial issue
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #837

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Were we originally a Muslim country I imagine we would expect all Mosques to have amplified calls to prayer, we aren't so we sound bells in our christian churches to summon worshippers and you are trying to make it a racial issue
    Were we a Christian country, then I would accept your argument. We are not, and the far right attitude of many who use the word “Christian” to describe themselves or the country is the antithesis of Christ’s message.

    Doesn’t matter whether hatred is racist or not, hatred is hatred. Using the word “christian” to justify it is wrong.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

    Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

  8. #838

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    32,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Were we a Christian country, then I would accept your argument. We are not, and the far right attitude of many who use the word “Christian” to describe themselves or the country is the antithesis of Christ’s message.

    Doesn’t matter whether hatred is racist or not, hatred is hatred. Using the word “christian” to justify it is wrong.
    I suspect you misunderstood me because you want to attack me. I will however explain it for the hard of thinking.

    We WERE ORIGINALLY a Christian country. We slowly converted to a secular country after Henry the 8th decided to reform the church so he could get his end away and pay for wars. We still have a country littered with churches that have sounded their bells since they were built over a millennia ago.

    If you go to the Middle East the landscape is similarly adorned with Mosques sounding Adhan from their minarets, they too have done it for a thousand plus years. It is a little noisy at dawn but its their country and their faith so I quite enjoyed it.

    I should imagine non Muslim faiths have to apply for permission to sound bells or similar in the middle east and other traditionally Muslim countries many are restricted as to where they can build their churches (they have a christian quarter) yet Mosques have more relaxed rules for their traditional dominant faith in that country. This is as it should be and I have no problem with it so long as it causes no harm.

    This has nothing to do with prejudice! It is to do with history, so stop making tulip up and accusing everyone of racism without any evidence, you might end up working for Lily Allen, the bbc or the Labour party.

    As I may have mentioned before I am an atheist I dislike all religions who force their followers to do or encourage them to do hateful things, none of them have a clean slate on that.

    I do like some Christian, Jewish and Muslim values as they underpin our civilisation (its surprising how similar the laws are its almost like there was only one Abrahamic god figure used as the basis for the fiction series 'I am your vengeful God').

    You can though carry on worshipping false idols all you like if it makes you happy. But please keep your hands off your neighbours ass, GJABs baggsied that, but of course God aka Allah etc. would smite him as he is a sinner!

    So actually suggesting I am hiding behind Christianity to allow me to correct Elrikur's stupidity about Islam is because I am bigoted is mightily offensive.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  9. #839

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    22,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    We slowly converted to a secular country after Henry the 8th decided to reform the church so he could get his end away and pay for wars.
    Not really. The UK isn't, officially, a secular country as there is no separation between church and state. Secularisation didn't step in until the 1960s.
    <-2 5m->

  10. #840

    Double Godlike!

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    and again FFS!

    bunch of feckwits
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •