• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May saves the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May saves the day

The backstop is no longer an issue. Everything is fine and dandy.

Just don't look too closely at it.

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    The backstop is no longer an issue. Everything is fine and dandy.

Just don't look too closely at it.
    If we can’t change the backstop, then we change the AGs legal advice on the backstop. Simples!

When was the last time we undertook something so serious on the back of flawed advice from the AG? Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      If we can’t change the backstop, then we change the AGs legal advice on the backstop. Simples!

When was the last time we undertook something so serious on the back of flawed advice from the AG? Iraq?
      Watch Cox's nose grow as he gives his advice.

Comment

Brexiteers looking for a way to cave.

It's like Trump and his renegotiated NAFTA.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Be interesting to hear the excuses now by the ERG and DUP for not supporting the deal. The blocker was always 'only' the backstop .... now May has delivered this to them and they should have no excuses, what will they come up with next

Of course, if you're a remainer MP voting against the May deal you're trying to frustrate Brexit, but no one ever says that about the ERG or DUP. Such hypocrites

Quite looking forward to tonight. May's deal kicked out again. Tomorrow, No Deal kicked out. Thursday, extension agreed. All this followed by a people's vote on either May's deal or Remain, with a remain resounding victory

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

David Davis on Talk Radio now promising "no-deal" Brexit at the end of 2020, he sounds like he's caving, lots of stuff about it's the "remoaners" fault.

Of course

The humiliation is almost there. Julia Hartley-Brewer is not a happy bunny.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I wonder how much orchestration there was between No 10 and Brussels over yesterday's "miraculous 11th hour breakthrough"?

How many days have both sides been sat on that rabbit, waiting to pull it out of the hat?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                David Davis on Talk Radio now promising "no-deal" Brexit at the end of 2020, he sounds like he's caving, lots of stuff about it's the "remoaners" fault.

Of course

The humiliation is almost there. Julia Hartley-Brewer is not a happy bunny.

tbf, it is May the remoaners fault .... for putting Davies in charge initially with BoJo as foreign secretary, followed by handing the reigns over to Raab. Can't trust these brexiters, they're all as thick as mince

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                  I wonder how much orchestration there was between No 10 and Brussels over yesterday's "miraculous 11th hour breakthrough"?

How many days have both sides been sat on that rabbit, waiting to pull it out of the hat?
                  Nothing has really changed. The addendum boils down to the EU can't hold us in the CU and SM backstop and we can take it to arbitration if we think the EU are frustrating the process and acting in bad faith. Given it has been us all the way through that has frustrated the process and acted in bad faith we're never going to win that argument in an international court and the EU know that.

Brexiters know that too which is why they don't like it. Their next plan, if May's deal was voted through, was to waste another 2 years until we get to the end of the transition period then crash out (as Davies has let out the bag) but the legal agreement May has will effectively stop that.

Brexiters think they are so clever, but are getting thwarted at every turn. They just can't act honestly. I don't know why the ERG don't just tell the truth and say they want a No Deal crash out and whatever other deal is put before them they will vote it down, rather than all this bultulip and lies.

But then their whole campaign is built on lies, they just don't know anymore where the lie ends and the truth begins.

Comment

As I suspected, just a bit of glitter to make it more attractive to the ugly ****ers in Parliament
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X