• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official 2nd May “deal” vote thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    And so you come to realise that the vote did not work and you have been lied too.
    I'd feel like that too, if I'd voted Leave.

Unfortunately, the referendum wasn't intended to be in the public interest. It was purely in the interest of the Tory party. It would never have been offered if Cameron et al thought there was a serious risk of Leave winning.

You were offered an option (Leave) which the powers at be had no clue as to if, or how, it could be delivered. For example, IMO, the incompatibility with the Good Friday Agreement should have been addressed before any public vote.

Comment

The obvious conclusion is they are going to lash out as those that lied to them.

You can only push people so far before they snap.
      Are you suggesting that the mob is going to lynch the Vote Leave leadership over the 350 million per week lie and storm the HQ of the Daily Express over the Turkish immigrants lie? I don't see it myself.

Comment

I'm now very tempted to join a local Lib Dem or Independent Group party to go round canvassing for the likes of Anna Soubry or Chukka Ummuna in a Hard Brexit voting area, just to see what happens.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Has anyone noticed that these threats from Brexiteers always refer to their "big friends", "I won't be causing trouble but I have some big aggressive friends who will"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I'm now very tempted to join a local Lib Dem or Independent Group party to go round canvassing for the likes of Anna Soubry or Chukka Ummuna in a Hard Brexit voting area, just to see what happens.

When Farage says this, he is thinking about a bare chested Putin on horseback.

Comment

Ok so lets have a think - you have been told that violence is bad and the only way to live in a civilised society is to use your vote as your voice.

And so you did along with millions of others and an outcome was achieved.

Over the next 2 years you watched with disbelief as this democratic process you have been told is better than violence is eroded by some people who you do not know and do not understand why they get a say in your life.

You then watch TV and see the english politicians doing exactly the same.

And so you come to realise that the vote did not work and you have been lied too.

And one of those liars is stood at your door in an expensive suit trying to kiss your children and tell you why you should vote for them.

You feel completely unempowered and frustrated - and feel this person in front of you is just spinning more lies for the sole reason of lining their own pockets at your expense.

What do you think is going to happen?
              What do I think you will do? Nothing. You're just a keyboard warrior.

If you truly believe that the current system doesn't work for you then do something about it instead of crying into your cold fizzy cheap 'spoonies lager. Run as an independent. Sell your vision to your local constituents. Get them to vote for you so you can represent them in parliament.

No? Too difficult? Well shut up and stop complaining if you're not willing to do something practical about it. You don't even have the balls to go on a march with farage so you're certainly not going to say anything to a candidate who knocks on your door

HTH
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                What about the Green Party Candidate Caroline Lucas or if Ken Clarke turned up who always told his constituents he would never vote for the first referendum and he would always support rejoining the EU:

What about those "continuity remoaners". They didn't lie did they.

Would they be OK ?
                What about JRM who's constituents voted remain but he defies them by pushing for the hardest of brexits. How should he be received on the doorsteps of Somerset?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  What do I think you will do? Nothing. You're just a keyboard warrior.

If you truly believe that the current system doesn't work for you then do something about it instead of crying into your cold fizzy cheap 'spoonies lager. Run as an independent. Sell your vision to your local constituents. Get them to vote for you so you can represent them in parliament.

No? Too difficult? Well shut up and stop complaining if you're not willing to do something practical about it. You don't even have the balls to go on a march with farage so you're certainly not going to say anything to a candidate who knocks on your door

HTH
                  They could always phone LBC to let off steam.

Comment

There's an awful lot of bluster using "third party" threats, i.e. not me but I know someone.

In the end the only thing you'll see is a deluge of comments on the Daily Mail site.

Looks like the Brexit argument is falling apart.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      They could always phone LBC to let off steam.
                      They do and then talk about their "big ugly mates".
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X