• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No extension

Hard Brexit it is...

It seems that Aaron Banks and Andy Wigmore went to Venoto in Italy last week which, as anyone who knows European politics, is the heart of the fascist Lega Nord and have got them to block any extension. Along with that news, a number of Tory MPs went to Poland to have talks with the governing party, also right wing, on basically the same errand....Hungary will also vote against an extension
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Hard Brexit it is...

It seems that Aaron Banks and Andy Wigmore went to Venoto in Italy last week which, as anyone who knows European politics, is the heart of the fascist Lega Nord and have got them to block any extension. Along with that news, a number of Tory MPs went to Poland to have talks with the governing party, also right wing, on basically the same errand....Hungary will also vote against an extension
    It’s not just them, Barnier and Verhofstadt have both also said that there would be little chance of an extension without the UK explaining exactly what it wanted to accomplish within the extension and how much time it required.

And as far as the EU are concerned, the negotiations are over and May has agreed the Withdrawal Agreement with them, so there will be no further negotiations in any extension.

We’re back to the same place we were two years ago, with the UK still not agreeing amongst itself what it wants.

Comment

The question is, what are our inept MPs going to do about it? They are paralysed by fear, and the phrase "will of the people". Like rabbits in headlights. We know ERG will never support May. Some Tories currently against May could switch if faced with only no Brexit. But what will Labour do? I can see Labour letting us crash out as they know what a sh1tstorm it will be and it will bring down this government. All Corbyn wants is power, he also doesn't care about UK workers and jobs.

It's times like these it makes you glad you got a good education and have skills that will be in demand whether we have a Brexit or not Shame those turkeys that voted out in Wales, the Midlands and the North are going to face the full pain of a hard Brexit

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Goodness me. The UK would have the choice of withdrawing Article 50 or No Deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Goodness me. The UK would have the choice of withdrawing Article 50 or No Deal.
            No Deal then Very few of the MPs are brave enough to recognise that the UK now wants to stay and hence revoke A50.

Sh1t crash out Brexit, followed by 5 years of turmoil, followed by us going back into the EU with our tails between our legs but under EU rules and no veto.

Quite looking forward to having the Euro as our currency
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

May has said tonight she will vote against leaving with no-deal on Mar 29.

She'd look even more stupid, if that's possible, letting us crash out.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                May has said tonight she will vote against leaving with no-deal on Mar 29.

She'd look even more stupid, if that's possible, letting us crash out.
                ... and by doing so, proving the lie that “No Deal is better than a bad deal”.

Another lie, believed by Brexiters.

Comment

Is she going to vote against "no no-deal exit" or against "no-deal exit"?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    No Deal then Very few of the MPs are brave enough to recognise that the UK now wants to stay and hence revoke A50.

Sh1t crash out Brexit, followed by 5 years of turmoil, followed by us going back into the EU with our tails between our legs but under EU rules and no veto.

Quite looking forward to having the Euro as our currency
                    Parliament could still accept the withdrawal agreement.

Comment

Working...
                    X