• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Unofficial 3rd May “deal” vote thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unofficial 3rd May “deal” vote thread

Looks like there will be a 3rd vote next week.

Assuming MPs vote to extend A50 tonight, May & No 10's tactic now seems to be:

1) approve the deal, and there will be a short extension to pass the necessary legislation

2) reject the deal, and there will be a long extension

Basically, turning the thumb screws on ERG & DUP.

I'm really looking forward to Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg walking through the "aye" lobby next week.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wish we had all those votes MP's get. By the time they get to the last vote it'll be nothing like what was voted for in the referendum. Representative democracy has been so damaged by Camoron.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Trump intervenes on Brexit

Excellent, that should move public opinion.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Matt Chorley ():

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Matt Chorley ():

The sweetcorn in that faecal matter is the undigested remnants of the Brexit dream
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              The sweetcorn in that faecal matter is the undigested remnants of the Brexit dream
              Too transparent for sweetcorn. Remainer tears?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Too transparent for sweetcorn. Remainer tears?
                Tears of laughter

As far as I can see remainers are relaxed about all this. We're just mocking from the side at the tulip and panic that is befalling the leavers.

I'm 'meh' on May's deal, crashing out, remaining ..... just so long as this keeps running I'll enjoy the ride. I'll be disappointed when all this is over

Be great if the Tories finally got to kick out May and we had a GE too. That's a sequal to the fiasco I'm looking forward to
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

How many more threads until we get "23rd May Vote"

... the European Parliamentary Elections.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

MV4 is already penciled in

Comment

Working...
                    X