• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food shortages in Europe - due to Brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food shortages in Europe - due to Brexit.

Our local Edeka, just across the border in Germany, has no stocks of Heinz Baked Beans, nor of Heinz Tomato Soup.

Fortunately, our local Swiss store has plenty. Thank goodness I don't live in the EU.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Our local Edeka, just across the border in Germany, has no stocks of Heinz Baked Beans, nor of Heinz Tomato Soup.

Fortunately, our local Swiss store has plenty. Thank goodness I don't live in the EU.
    Loads here, I thought they were made in the Netherlands now...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Our local Edeka, just across the border in Germany, has no stocks of Heinz Baked Beans
      Adapt or die....

Comment

You still shop for British foods?!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You still shop for British foods?!
          Heinz isn't British. You've been away too long...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Heinz isn't British. You've been away too long...
            I believe that I've posted this before but the ancestors of the Heinz family emigrated from the same town as the ancestors of the Trump family to the USA:

Donald Trump's paternal ancestry is traceable to Bobenheim am Berg, a village in the Palatinate, Germany, in the 18th century. Johann Trump, born in Bobenheim in 1789, moved to the nearby village of Kallstadt where his grandson, Friedrich Trump, the grandfather of Donald Trump, was born in 1869
            Henry John Heinz was born in Pittsburgh on October 11, 1844, the son of German immigrants John Henry Heinz (1811–1891), of Kallstadt, Palatinate, Kingdom of Bavaria, and Anna Margaretha Schmidt (1822–1899), of Kruspis, Haunetal, Hesse-Kassel. His father immigrated to the United States at age 29 in 1840
            Through his father's family, Henry Heinz was a second cousin to Frederick Trump, who emigrated to the United States in 1885. Trump was the immigrant ancestor and paternal grandfather of Donald Trump of New York City
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I believe that I've posted this before but the ancestors of the Heinz family emigrated from the same town as the ancestors of the Trump family to the USA:
              Heinz & Trump are related. A certain symmetry if you think about it...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X