• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour set to back confirmatory public vote on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour set to back confirmatory public vote on Brexit

I guess this means Labour would support May's deal on the condition that it's put to a referendum?

Labour set to back confirmatory public vote on Brexit - The Parliamentary Review

The Kyle-Wilson amendment, drafted by Labour backbenchers Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson, calls for the withdrawal agreement to be "approved by the people of the United Kingdom in a confirmation ballot."

So, he doesn’t support May’s Deal, but he will support it if it’s then put to a referendum after Parliament have approved it?

And then what if the people reject it, after Parliament has approved it?

No wonder he’s still a distant third in the “who should be PM” polls.

Comment

I think he's supporting it because he knows it won't get passed.

It's either May's deal or it goes into the long grass.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

He is giving himself an excuse to vote against Mays deal without looking like he (Labour) is/are obstructing Brexit. He has previously said he would not vote for Mays deal unless it kept UK in the Customs Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          He is giving himself an excuse to vote against Mays deal without looking like he (Labour) is/are obstructing Brexit. He has previously said he would not vote for Mays deal unless it kept UK in the Customs Union.
          This is voting for the deal, not against the deal.

Comment

It's voting for the Withdrawal Agreement, not Deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              This is voting for the deal, not against the deal.
              Actually, I think the agreement would be that Labour would abstain in return for a people's vote. The end result would be the same, though, because the WA would pass.

Comment

The only thing on this Planet Korbyn cares about is getting Korbyn into No. 10

Oh, and the plight of terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Erm, that's his job actually.

What's crazy is that somebody who's got No 10 would not be doing the job of trying to stay in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Oh, and the plight of terrorists.
                    Trust Korbyn to run the country?

I'd sooner trust Gary Glitter to babysit my kids!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X