• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rees-Mogg said that he would have voted remain in 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rees-Mogg said that he would have voted remain in 2016

“Rees-Mogg said that he would have voted remain in 2016 if he thought Brexit would lead to Scottish independence. Explaining why the views of the DUP were so important to him, he said:

Ultimately the United Kingdom is more important to me than the European Union. So if the DUP felt the United Kingdom were being divided up in the deal, then that would mean it were impossible to vote for the deal under any circumstances. The one thing that would have changed my mind in 2106 would had I believed the scare stories that Scotland would leave the United Kingdom if we voted to leave. I did not think it was true, and therefore I was happy to vote to leave. But the United Kingdom is my county, and I don’t want to see my country chopped up. So the DUP’s position is very significant.“

No 10 says it won't call Brexit vote this week unless it has 'prospect of success' - Politics live | Politics | The Guardian

“Rees-Mogg says he has made no money out of Brexit.

He admits he has a fund in Dublin. But his company is a global investment firm, and it has a fund in New Zealand too, he says.

He says he does not expect Brexit to be bad for the economy. He says the CBI are opposed to Brexit. But they are not representative, he says. He claims that a third of their members are farmers and landowners.”

So why this piece of tulip has not got his company in the UK?

If evil EU was preventing UK from being global trading power, why did he locate his fund in Ireland?

Tory scum - it wasn’t even Labour in power for a decade now, he is a member of the ruling part and yet that piece of tulip locates his comoany elsewhere.

Why MP is even allowed to have such conflict of interest?

This country is a bent banana republic

Comment

Thought you din't like straight EU bananas?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

I cannot stand the ******.

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
            I cannot stand the ******.
            He is standing up against the Establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              He is standing up against the Establishment.
              Still, he's good at triggering gammonflakes.

Comment

Working...
              X