• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we change the voting rules before any new referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we change the voting rules before any new referendum

Scientists now believe that Adulthood does not begin until the age of 30, as our brains are not fully developed until that age.

Adulthood begins at 30, brain scientists say | Irish Examiner

Adulthood begins at 30, brain scientists say - Evening Express

Adulthood begins at 30: Scientists say that our brains are not fully grown-up in our twenties | Daily Mail Online

In light of this new scientific fact should the UK now lead the world in raising the age at which someone is eligible to vote to 30. After all is your brain is not yet fully developed until the age of 30 have can you possibly know what you are voting for at an age earlier than that.

No I think it's fine - you see it means people like this can get the vote

Does Teen Vogue understand what it means to be ‘literally a communist’? | Coffee House

and she is literally a communist.

Although she does not seem to be enjoying the finer things like hard bread and gang rape but hey - she is literally a communist.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Does Teen Vogue understand what it means to be ‘literally a communist’? | Coffee House

Although she does not seem to be enjoying the finer things like hard bread and gang rape but hey - she is literally a communist.

You’re a cretin if you think that one idiotic person represents an entire age group.

It’s not that difficult to find people with cretinous views (left or right) at any age group, from 18 to 80+.

Which age group do you fit into?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Scientists now believe that Adulthood does not begin until the age of 30, as our brains are not fully developed until that age.

Adulthood begins at 30, brain scientists say | Irish Examiner

Adulthood begins at 30, brain scientists say - Evening Express

Adulthood begins at 30: Scientists say that our brains are not fully grown-up in our twenties | Daily Mail Online

In light of this new scientific fact should the UK now lead the world in raising the age at which someone is eligible to vote to 30. After all is your brain is not yet fully developed until the age of 30 have can you possibly know what you are voting for at an age earlier than that.
        ...and as early-onset dementia can start from as young as the thirties, probably best that people over that age don’t vote either.

Oh, just noticed. Daily Mail. Good source of science news then.

Comment

Completely agree. We should change the rules for voting age in the next ref (Accept May's Deal vs Remain) - we should allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote as it is their future we are impacting.

should remove the vote for the retired, as they have no concern for job losses as their income is secure. Plus, they are more likely to have dementia and hence are not of sound state and mind to cast such an important vote.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Perhaps there should be a minimum IQ

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
              Perhaps there should be a minimum IQ
              IQ test, Question 1 : Do you read either the Daily Mail, Express, Sun, Mirror?

Anyone who answers Yes fails the IQ test

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

An excellent article.The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn should be required reading in schools. It is worrying that marxist ideology is alive and well and lauded by the politically correct.

I believe in one man, one vote. Where I'm the man with the vote. Hi, my name is NAT. I'll be your fascist dictator for the next 60 years.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  IQ test, Question 1 : Do you read either the Daily Mail, Express, Sun, Mirror?
                  You know the article referenced here is in the Wail?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    An excellent article.The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn should be required reading in schools. It is worrying that marxist ideology is alive and well and lauded by the politically correct.

I believe in one man, one vote. Where I'm the man with the vote. Hi, my name is NAT. I'll be your fascist dictator for the next 60 years.
                    If you have a policy of sending Gammons to the salt mines, you get my vote

Comment

Working...
                    X