• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May accuses Corbyn of disrespecting democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May: Lino, Leader in Name Only – "hard to nail down, but easy to walk over".

Good for a chuckle.

The Maybot's binary messages have become just a series of noughts | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Only 2 options are possible for a possible 2nd referendum.
      Leave with no deal.
      Remain.
      Kicking the can down the road is pointless.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Will of the people has changed. Some of the 52% are no longer on this earth. Within 10 years we'll be back in the EU. Let's hope you live long enough to see it

Have you not worked out yet why the Tories are scared of a 3rd ref? It's because they know the people have changed their mind
        At the last vote the people had, the last GE, both labour and Conservatives (plus UKIP) stood on a manifesto of taking the UK out of the EU. The only parties that stood on a manifesto of remaining were The Greens, Loib Dems, and the SNP. Now how many seats in the UK parliament do the LIbDems, SNP, and Greens hold compared to Labour and the Conservatives. I think the people voted at the last GE. It would interesting to know what the voting percentage was for each of these manifesto points of view. I'm sure somebody will be along here shortly with some meaningless statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          At the last vote the people had, the last GE, both labour and Conservatives (plus UKIP) stood on a manifesto of taking the UK out of the EU. The only parties that stood on a manifesto of remaining were The Greens, Loib Dems, and the SNP. Now how many seats in the UK parliament do the LIbDems, SNP, and Greens hold compared to Labour and the Conservatives. I think the people voted at the last GE. It would interesting to know what the voting percentage was for each of these manifesto points of view. I'm sure somebody will be along here shortly with some meaningless statistics.
          The people are sheeple, they are stupid and vote for the colour of the ribbon and not the policy. Mate of mine, staunch remainer but a massive Corbyn fan. Member of the Labour party and voted Labour in 2017. Logic doesn't come into it. When I asked him why he didn't vote Green or Lib Dem he said he's always voted Labour and always will.

People are inherently stupid. You can't help them.

But yes, you are right, about 80% did vote Tory or Labour in 2017 and both stood on leaving the EU. But, both also stood on leaving via an agreement, so you can therefore argue that the Tories should not be advocating a 'no deal' policy now as this isn't what they were voted in on.

But then, you have stupid voters and lying politicians and that's why we are where we are today

I voted Lib Dem, and hence to remain, but I say now let's just crash out and see what happens. Hopefully it will bring down this dire government, split the Tories. A nice house price crash of 50% would be welcome too so we can upsize (well, technically upvalue) to a much more swanky pad this year
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The people are sheeple, they are stupid and vote for the colour of the ribbon and not the policy. Mate of mine, staunch remainer but a massive Corbyn fan. Member of the Labour party and voted Labour in 2017. Logic doesn't come into it. When I asked him why he didn't vote Green or Lib Dem he said he's always voted Labour and always will.

But yes, you are right, about 80% did vote Tory or Labour in 2017 and both stood on leaving the EU. But, both also stood on leaving via an agreement, so you can therefore argue that the Tories should not be advocating a 'no deal' policy now as this isn't what they were voted in on.

But then, you have stupid voters and lying politicians and that's why we are where we are today

I voted Lib Dem, and hence to remain, but I say now let's just crash out and see what happens. Hopefully it will bring down this dire government, split the Tories. A nice house price crash of 50% would be welcome too so we can upsize (well, technically upvalue) to a much more swanky pad this year
            It's all me me me me me me me me me me with you isn't it. You're beginning to sound like a Tory.

Comment

It's all me me me me me me me me me me with you isn't it. You're beginning to sound like a Tory.
              Up until 2010 I'd always voted Tory. Switched in 2015, and have no intention of voting Tory ever again. Never voted Labour, but could be tempted to if I lived in a marginal seat and that could help to stop a Tory from getting in

Isn't society all me me me me now? If we weren't we wouldn't have voted leave
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Up until 2010 I'd always voted Tory. Switched in 2015, and have no intention of voting Tory ever again. Never voted Labour, but could be tempted to if I lived in a marginal seat and that could help to stop a Tory from getting in

Isn't society all me me me me now? If we weren't we wouldn't have voted leave
                None of them are currently worthy of my vote.

Comment

Ah, good old Yorkie trotting this garbage again.

The question you'd really need to ask is:
                  How many people specifically voted for the candidate they chose based on how that candidate said they as an individual candidate stood on Brexit, and what that individual candidate's idea of for the detail of what Brexit was.

A glib one liner of "if you voted Tory/Labour it's because you want a hard Brexit" is just pointless and shows a lack of understanding of how a parliamentary democracy works.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If the people of the UK are stupid and you want to live in the EU - feel free to move to the EU - surely that is what a sensible person does.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      If the people of the UK are stupid and you want to live in the EU - feel free to move to the EU - surely that is what a sensible person does.
                      You’ve voted to remove Freedom of Movement from the people of the UK.

Not very sensible of you to then suggest that people just move.

Comment

Working...
                      X