• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May accuses Corbyn of disrespecting democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May accuses Corbyn of disrespecting democracy

May accuses Corbyn of disrespecting democracy by wanting to hold a second referendum.

PMQs: May says she doesn't want a long Brexit delay as No 10 releases letter to EU – Politics live | Politics | The Guardian

She has a point. One of the many indicative votes that were passed recetnly ruled out a second referendum.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      She has a point. One of the many indicative votes that were passed recetnly ruled out a second referendum.
      2 votes ruled out her deal, yet it is all she is offering to parliament. She can't have it all ways (ouch, that thought is going to cause me nightmares tonight )
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Yet she continues to push her rejected withdrawal agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Yet she continues to push her rejected withdrawal agreement.
          Ah, but those were not the indicative votes!

Comment

Mrs May to make an "announcement" later today, could be a General Election. The Tories to move to a "no deal" policy probably with a Hard Brexiteer in charge or a Remoaner Turncoat also who would have to go for a no deal. Jeremy Corbyn rubbing his hands with glee .

Brexiteers ringing into LBC claiming a General Election thwarts democracy.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Mrs May to make an "announcement" later today, could be a General Election. The Tories to move to a "no deal" policy probably with a Hard Brexiteer in charge or a Remoaner Turncoat also who would have to go for a no deal. Jeremy Corbyn rubbing his hands with glee .

Brexiteers ringing into LBC claiming a General Election thwarts democracy.

IIRC, the last poll I saw had 43% pro 2nd referendum and 43% pro No Deal. The cretin vote is pretty firm.

Comment

IIRC, the last poll I saw had 43% pro 2nd referendum and 43% pro No Deal. The cretin vote is pretty firm.
                It will still be 43% when The Shires join EU

Comment

Hence why any vote should be Remain vs whatever deal parliament agree (be that May's deal, No Deal or something else entirely).

To ignore the 48% would be anti-democratic
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Require IQ test for voting and make number of votes equal to result of the test minus 100.

That should cut down Leave vote to a much more palatable number - 0.

Comment

Working...
                    X