• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cabinet 'not told of request for three month delay'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet 'not told of request for three month delay'

Christopher Hope on Twitter: "NEW Cabinet minister tells me Cabinet was NOT told in advance of the request for a three month delay to Brexit"

Has she written her resignation letter yet, I wonder...?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Has she written her resignation letter yet, I wonder...?
      Stop teasing us
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Stop teasing us
        I know we're on opposing sides of the main argument, but I think we can agree on the fact that she's now toast.
        She called a GE which she didn't need to call, losing her majority in the process.
        She then sent an ardent remainer to negotiate a withdrawal agreement which reads like a surrender notice, and Parliament has rightly told her (twice) that she can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
        The Speaker then spared her further embarrassment by telling her she can't try for a third kicking.
        I have a feeling Labour will call for a vote of no confidence, which she will probably win by such slim a margin as to make it the most Pyrrhic of victories.
        Is anyone brave enough to try and predict what's coming next? You'll almost certainly be wrong, judging by recent events, but feel free to have a crack...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No-deal
          Emergency budget
          General Election
          Total DOOM

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No-deal
            Emergency budget
            General Election
            Total DOOM
            That's what I call "covering most of the bases". Care to choose one?

Comment

That's what I call "covering most of the bases". Care to choose one?
              It's multiple choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It's multiple choice.
                Yes and the idea in those cases is to choose one.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It's multiple choice.
                  More than one answer may be correct.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I know we're on opposing sides of the main argument, but I think we can agree on the fact that she's now toast.
                    She called a GE which she didn't need to call, losing her majority in the process.
                    She then sent an ardent remainer to negotiate a withdrawal agreement which reads like a surrender notice, and Parliament has rightly told her (twice) that she can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
                    The Speaker then spared her further embarrassment by telling her she can't try for a third kicking.
                    I have a feeling Labour will call for a vote of no confidence, which she will probably win by such slim a margin as to make it the most Pyrrhic of victories.
                    Is anyone brave enough to try and predict what's coming next? You'll almost certainly be wrong, judging by recent events, but feel free to have a crack...
                    We're on opposite sides because the 'winners' chose not to win the hearts and minds of the 'losers' and take them on the journey. May was more concerned with trying to save her pitiful party rather than get the majority on board and negotiate an exit that could be accepted by a majority.

Most remainers I know hate the idea of leaving, but would have accepted a sensible, controlled leave. All we've had though for 3 years is "we won, you lost, get over it" or "brexit means brexit" or "the will of the people" and other such shyte. At no time have leave tried to work cross bench. What you therefore have back is remainers pointing out time and again why you are wrong and the damage that you have inflicted on the country.

Compromise was possible, but not any more. Leavers had their chance, but blew it.

We need to crash out now so you can start to see what we meant, you can feel the pain, and we can start to rebuild by removing these pathetic MPs from Westminster.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X