• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May: "Voters back my Brexit plan"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May: "Voters back my Brexit plan"

'It's not my fault' – what the papers say as May blames MPs over Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

“I’m on YOUR side … not warring MPs”

“Don’t blame me for Brexit crisis, blame MPs”

“It’s not my fault”
    Yes
    12.50%
    No
    81.25%
    where's andyW when we need him
    6.25%

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    'It's not my fault' – what the papers say as May blames MPs over Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

“I’m on YOUR side … not warring MPs”

“Don’t blame me for Brexit crisis, blame MPs”

“It’s not my fault”
    So she calls out the MPs and the snowflake MPs are now not happy that she has done so. However, I think it shows courage and that she she is right to call them out. It is parliament that has caused this crisis and the in fighting within both labour and the conservatives. We have 500+ MPs in parliament who voted remain and are now being asked to vote for something they don't believe in. The vast majority of MPs were voted in at the last GE on manifestos that said they would uphold the referendum result. It is about time they got behind those manifesto promises and showed some backbone.

Comment

No problem if the EU doesn't grant the extension, Parliament will take over and revoke A50

William Hague proposes revoking article 50

Indeed kick it into the long grass and bury it.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 March 2019, 08:39.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

What does 'No' mean in this poll.

Does it mean No I do not support Mays deal and I want to remain, OR

Does it mean No I do not support Mays deal as I think we should leave with No deal.

Until someon can clarify this I find myself unable to take part in this vote as my choice may be misinterpreted by some sandal wearing snowflake.

Comment

So May will be in Brussels grovelling for an extension to article 50.

If there is a no deal you will see whoever becomes PM grovelling in Brussels almost immediately after it happens.

In fact grovelling in Brussels will become a permanent feature.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            What does 'No' mean in this poll.

Does it mean No I do not support Mays deal and I want to remain, OR

Does it mean No I do not support Mays deal as I think we should leave with No deal.
            It means both, obviously. Vote "no" if you think her deal is crap, regardless of what your preferred outcome is. Not really that difficult. You don't have to identify as anything. It's your LGTBQRx§F right.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So she calls out the MPs and the snowflake MPs are now not happy that she has done so. However, I think it shows courage and that she she is right to call them out. It is parliament that has caused this crisis and the in fighting within both labour and the conservatives. We have 500+ MPs in parliament who voted remain and are now being asked to vote for something they don't believe in. The vast majority of MPs were voted in at the last GE on manifestos that said they would uphold the referendum result. It is about time they got behind those manifesto promises and showed some backbone.
              Tosh.

May took over from Davies and started her own negotiations. This what was taken to Chequers. At this point, parliament were not involved, only her cabinet. She had resignations from cabinet. This was 2 years into the process.

Following more resignations she finally offers to put the deal to parliament. This was only in December, over 2 years into negotiations. Until this point she had not gone cross party; she hadn't even spoken to her so called allies in the DUP.

The vote finally got to parliament in January and was defeated. She then tried again last week.

She's now saying MPs have wasted 2.5 years, when the truth is parliament have only been involved for 2 months. The other 2.4 years she has kept parliament, including her own backbench MPs and DUP, out of all the talks. She's a liar to even suggest the current problems are caused by parliament; all this sits squarely on her shoulders. But, and this is the problem, people will believe whatever they want to believe as they are too thick/biased to think for themselves.

She'll be blaming the EU, then the public, next. She's not one to take responsibility.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It means both, obviously. Vote "no" if you think her deal is crap, regardless of what your preferred outcome is. Not really that difficult. You don't have to identify as anything. It's your LGTBQRx§F right.
                They have rights? What happened to my rights?

Comment

They have rights? What happened to my rights?
                  You're from Yorkshire, you don't get any rights
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

27 countries have backed her plan, that's why a lot of people in the UK automatically hate it and reject it, without being able to provide a positive suggestion for something better.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X