• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May: "Voters back my Brexit plan"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    27 countries have backed her plan, that's why a lot of people in the UK automatically hate it and reject it, without being able to provide a positive suggestion for something better.
    They can't. That is why they are not in Parliament. But I don't know anyone who's not able to propose something better - that's a paradox, isn't it?
    Federico Razzoli
    Database Consultant

Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Razzoli View Post
      They can't. That is why they are not in Parliament. But I don't know anyone who's not able to propose something better - that's a paradox, isn't it?
      Was that an intentional double-negative?

It’s only a paradox if you have an unsubstantiated belief that there is something “better” that can be had.

Occam’s Razor - if you can’t think of a better deal, then perhaps this is the best deal on offer?

And if you can think of a better deal, does it stack up to the hard light of day once it’s written down in detail?

Comment

Doesn't matter if we or the MPs back here plan, it's the only option on the table other than 'no deal'.

Hence May is 'sticking to her guns' and 'battling on', having colluded with Tusk to ensure the only options remain her plan or no deal and there will be no time to consider an alternative by way of referendum or GE.

By end of next week her plan will have been accepted in parliament. Even if the DUP remain unconvinced there will be enough Labour rebels tulip scared of 'no deal' that they will back May over Corbyn.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

"No Deal is better than a Bad Deal."

"Brexit is Brexit."

"Red, White and Blue Brexit."
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Doesn't matter if we or the MPs back here plan,
            Politically, it does. Firstly we’re a democracy not a dictatorship, so May cannot autocratically push it through. Secondly, and more importantly, a plan that is backed by no one is a plan doomed to fail from the start.

it's the only option on the table other than 'no deal'.
            Plus “Revoke”. It’s been ruled out by May (autocratically) but not been voted on in Parliament, and remains an available option.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Doesn't matter if we or the MPs back here plan, it's the only option on the table other than 'no deal'.

Hence May is 'sticking to her guns' and 'battling on', having colluded with Tusk to ensure the only options remain her plan or no deal and there will be no time to consider an alternative by way of referendum or GE.

By end of next week her plan will have been accepted in parliament. Even if the DUP remain unconvinced there will be enough Labour rebels tulip scared of 'no deal' that they will back May over Corbyn.
              Labour and the rest need to hold their nerve and call May's bluff. If needs be, go no-deal. She knows it will be carnage, and she doesn't want it, so let's see how she deals with that. No-deal will destroy the Tories so Labour should help them along a little
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It means both, obviously. Vote "no" if you think her deal is crap, regardless of what your preferred outcome is. Not really that difficult. You don't have to identify as anything. It's your LGTBQRx§F right.
                They have rights? What happened to my rights?
                You're the § in that.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You're the § in that.

That's §-ist.

Ban him, mods!
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    May took over from Davies and started her own negotiations. This what was taken to Chequers. At this point, parliament were not involved, only her cabinet. She had resignations from cabinet. This was 2 years into the process.

Following more resignations she finally offers to put the deal to parliament. This was only in December, over 2 years into negotiations. Until this point she had not gone cross party; she hadn't even spoken to her so called allies in the DUP.

The vote finally got to parliament in January and was defeated. She then tried again last week.

She's now saying MPs have wasted 2.5 years, when the truth is parliament have only been involved for 2 months. The other 2.4 years she has kept parliament, including her own backbench MPs and DUP, out of all the talks. She's a liar to even suggest the current problems are caused by parliament; all this sits squarely on her shoulders. But, and this is the problem, people will believe whatever they want to believe as they are too thick/biased to think for themselves.

She'll be blaming the EU, then the public, next. She's not one to take responsibility.
                    So in essence what you seem to be saying is that the root of the problem sits squarely in the lap of a Remainer?

Thanks for the clarification.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      So in essence what you seem to be saying is that the root of the problem sits squarely in the lap of a Remainer?

Thanks for the clarification.

You voted her in. Maybe if you didn't want a remainer in charge of brexit you should have voted for Corbyn
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X