• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You all do realise that the numbers are complete b*ll*cks. Any individual can sign the petition as many times as the they have email addresses. This could (in theory be a bot) using a list of 'stolen' email addresses. It could equally be several people with several email addresses voting over and over again.

The only thing you need to change to vote multiple time is the email address field. What a crap system, no doubt developed by some over paid IT Contractor.
    Calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Just under 3 weeks.
      There's still 13 million more signatures to get, for maximum chortles when it is formally dismissed, that is.
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

You all do realise that the numbers are complete b*ll*cks. Any individual can sign the petition as many times as the they have email addresses. This could (in theory be a bot) using a list of 'stolen' email addresses. It could equally be several people with several email addresses voting over and over again.

The only thing you need to change to vote multiple time is the email address field. What a crap system, no doubt developed by some over paid IT Contractor.
        yes, Any individual can sign the petition as many times as the they have email addresses.
        and yes it could be bots
        and yes it could be several people with several email addresses voting over and over again

and there might be a portion of that. However that doesn't make the numbers "complete b*ll*cks".
        If you're right and they're made up, how did so few votes get raised for pro-brexit petitions????
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Calm down.
          I agree with OG, calm down - these petitions are meaningless, unless the government want to enable them to be debated in Parliament.

Since "Mrs May dismissed calls to revoke Article 50" already.......just encourage the remoaners to sign it
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            yes, Any individual can sign the petition as many times as the they have email addresses.
            and yes it could be bots
            and yes it could be several people with several email addresses voting over and over again

and there might be a portion of that. However that doesn't make the numbers "complete b*ll*cks".
            If you're right and they're made up, how did so few votes get raised for pro-brexit petitions????
            Most leave voters knew the petitions are a fop and not worth the time.

Remainers don't realise this, yet.

HTH
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Well, not bad.

How long has the Petition been running?

How much time did the referendum voters have to place their vote?
              Maximum the site can deal with is 2000 per minute, plus it crashed constantly yesterday. Had this not been the case the numbers would have been higher by now. They have tweaked the site now so that the count is not live, so more processing is going to the signature processes.

You're welcome
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                and yes it could be bots

Because they haven't bee subjected to a social media campaign (which no only encourages legitimate signatures but also those who don't have a life want to create a bit of mischief).

The leave without a deal petition has received nearly 400,000 signatures with no such social media campaign.

and yes it does make the numbers complete b*ll*cks if you cannot separate the legitimate signatures from the non-legitimate signatures. If the number is not complete b*ll*cks then please tell me the non b*ll*cks number, i.e. the number of legitimate signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Most leave voters knew the petitions are a fop and not worth the time.

Remainers don't realise this, yet.

HTH
                  I know they're generally valueless. However, this one is growing fast enough to get noticed.
                  At the end of the day the MPs are still more concerned about re-election than Brexit or the EU. They'll never allow anything to threaten that. Enough weight of signatures on this might make a difference to their actions, albeit it doesn't stand a chance of achieveing the aim iof revoking A50.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I agree with OG, calm down - these petitions are meaningless, unless the government want to enable them to be debated in Parliament.

Since "Mrs May dismissed calls to revoke Article 50" already.......just encourage the remoaners to sign it
                    Exactly. I only signed it to troll the gammons. It is a silly idea, although the fact that May dismisses it is of limited relevance.

If A50 is to be withdrawn, It can only be after another referendum. But a second referendum with remain on the ballot paper would be ill advised. It should be about how the UK leaves. An EFTA type model should be one option. The other a Canada type model. This should have been set out a long time ago but here we are.

Comment

Brexit: Theresa May to urge MPs to back deal as delay agreed - BBC News
                      In her briefing to journalists, Mrs May dismissed calls to revoke Article 50 - the process by which the UK leaves the EU - which would mean Brexit is cancelled. It comes after a petition calling for Article 50 to be revoked passed two million signatures.

You're right Whorty - this is hilarious, sounds like she's quaking in her boots, so keep suggesting people sign it
                      May has lost all hold on reality so I wouldn't get too hung on what she says. She's clearly under so much stress that she's having a bit of a breakdown.

But yeah, hilarious. I need more popcorn
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X