• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn not ruling out revoking article 50

If the deal goes down, this is a perfectly legitimate step. Basically Brexiteers are not interested in a negotiated settlement. they simply want to crash out. You don't need to wait for article 50 to crash out and break international law, you just do it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Corbyn not ruling out revoking article 50

If the deal goes down, this is a perfectly legitimate step. Basically Brexiteers are not interested in a negotiated settlement. they simply want to crash out. You don't need to wait for article 50 to crash out and break international law, you just do it.

The EU has offered an escape route from the No Deal cliff edge. If withdrawing A50 is aNobody said it does from a legal respective but from a political and democratic perspective it would be madness. n option, there is plenty of time to put it to a referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'm not sure I agree with that. There were 17M voted for it so not sure why 3M should a difference now.
        what version of 'it' did 17M vote for?

anyway I don't think 3m is enough to make any difference. In any case, revocation of A50 won't be the result.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          ...from a political and democratic perspective it would be madness..
          You mean like the first referendum ?

Why would it be madness. We've been in the EU for 40 years.

I presume you mean we need to pander to bunch of deluded snowflakes who will go on the street and riot because they were brainwashed by tabloid newspapers.

I'm afraid that is the job of the police and the prison service

You cannot appease Brexiteers, whatever happens they will be rioting on the street. The quickest painless way to sort this out is clear out the prisons to make space and call the whole thing off.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            You mean like the first referendum ?

Why would it be madness. We've been in the EU for 40 years.

I presume you mean we need to pander to bunch of deluded snowflakes who will go on the street and riot because they were brainwashed by tabloid newspapers.

I'm afraid that is the job of the police and the prison service

You cannot appease Brexiteers, whatever happens they will be rioting on the street. The quickest painless way to sort this out is clear out the prisons to make space and call the whole thing off.
            No we haven't.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              No we haven't.
              That's true in the first few years when the UK was the sick man of Europe, it was the EEC.

The last 25 years in the EU was pretty successful in comparison.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                2,002,343 signatures
                Why you lie bro?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Why you lie bro?
                  3,334,275 signatures

Comment

This is too important now to be making rushed decisions on implementing a deal nobody seems to want or jumping off an unknown cliff. We should stop it by revoking Article 50, have a General Election and then let Parliament decide through due process. Just admit to ourselves as a nation that it was a dumb thing to do from the start. Our MP has shot both her feet off in this and won't be getting back in.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

If it's called off I will be on the streets throwing punches, kicking heads and generally bashing out teeth.

Watch yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X