More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU - Page 18
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Posts 171 to 180 of 278
  1. #171

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    20,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Not obsessing, simply pointing out that that is what the currently agreed process is.

    Anyway, something like this?:

    It would be better to have 7 separate yes / no referenda, one for each option. They would be held three months apart with official yes and no campaigns. The order in which the options appear would be selected randomly, but one at a time so there would be no view of the subsequent option until the current referendum was complete. As soon as there is a yes vote, then the process stops. If all referenda result in a no, them the whole process starts again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #172

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Well over 4 million now. at this pace we should be at 17.4m by the end of next week, brexiteers what would you say then?

  3. #173

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    20,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Well over 4 million now. at this pace we should be at 17.4m by the end of next week, brexiteers what would you say then?
    The UK is leaving in 29 March because that is what the law says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #174

    TykeLike

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    22,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    The UK is leaving in 29 March because that is what the law says.
    Laws are made by man, can easily be changed or ignored
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  5. #175

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Kerchiing

    The UK is leaving in 29 March because that is what the law says.
    Anyone who genuinely believes that is going to happen, you could make some serious money...

    Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

    Good luck with that. Myself I bet enough against the deadline being met to pay for a decent case of fizz when it goes whooshing by ...
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

  6. #176

  7. #177

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,814

    Default More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    The UK is leaving in 29 March because that is what the law says.
    You’ll need to define “law” better.

    Under EU / international law, we are subject to the Lisbon Treaty, under which we have A50, under which section 3 has now been satisfied: the Council have unanimously agreed to extend, therefore we have extended and we are not leaving the EU on 29 March.



    Edit: “in agreement” with the member state is not formally defined, but as the request came from the UK to extend, the agreement for extension is implied as having been made. What hasn’t been finalised or agreed is the new end date.
    Last edited by meridian; 23rd March 2019 at 13:24.

  8. #178

    Godlike

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,529

    Default

    5,000,070
    Something I’m getting really fed up hearing about is ‘delivering’ Brexit. It is no such thing. When I receive something from Amazon I get it delivered to my door. When I give up something, like my domestic waste, freedom of movement, or membership of the world’s largest trading bloc, someone takes it away. They don’t deliver anything.
    blipvert the guardian

  9. #179

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    5,000,070
    5,151,513

    Not slowing down is it
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  10. #180

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Nobody cares. Brexit is happening no matter how much lefties want to cry about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •