More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU - Page 9
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Posts 81 to 90 of 278
  1. #81

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    11,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post

    Really don't get why you leavers aren't enjoying it more ... this is what you voted for
    I thought lot of people voted to leave the EU.

    Nobody I know voted to have a tulipload of snowflakes desperate to overturn a democratic decision because for once in their life they have been told no.

  2. #82

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    I thought lot of people voted to leave the EU.

    Nobody I know voted to have a tulipload of snowflakes desperate to overturn a democratic decision because for once in their life they have been told no.
    Cheer up buttercup. This is democracy in action. This is exactly what you voted for, for the UK electorate to take back control. They have now worked out that they were lied to in 2016, and that Brexit is not all unicorns and rainbows, so they are letting this pathetic Tory shambles of a government that they have changed their mind.

    You should be pleased. Come on fella, enjoy it. You'll still get your Brexit as May and the DUP will still insist on driving us over the cliff. We hold all the cards What could possibly go wrong
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  3. #83

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Site down again ... doesn't look like the signatories are losing momentum
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  4. #84

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Site down again ... doesn't look like the signatories are losing momentum
    I forecast a boom of signatures tonight from all the 9-5 workers who haven't had time to sign yet

  5. #85

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    At 1m ... almost certainly nothing

    At 17m .... Tories will sh1t their pants.
    When there are thousands in marginal constituencies..... That's when it start to have effect.

    I doubt it will reach 17m. And the figure that makes them sh1t their pants is a lot lower than that as participation is lower. I reckon a few million, maybe 5, will give them real cause for concern.
    See You Next Tuesday

  6. #86

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    11,776

    Default

    Not really the rules are

    'The target for petitions to be considered for debate is 100,000 signatures.'

    So you have that amount and so it will go to be considered for debate in the commons.

    Now that will go absolutely nowhere because if they debate in parliament we will end up with one of 2 outcomes

    1 It will be ignored and we carry on
    2 It is decided a second referendum will be held

    However I think can rule out 2 so it will be ignored and we can carry on.

    If you think that getting even 4 or 5 million signatures will automatically mean they government will revoke A50 you are absolutely mad.

  7. #87

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    When there are thousands in marginal constituencies..... That's when it start to have effect.

    I doubt it will reach 17m. And the figure that makes them sh1t their pants is a lot lower than that as participation is lower. I reckon a few million, maybe 5, will give them real cause for concern.
    Exactly. There will be a tipping point. Only the Tories will know that. I bet the ERG are watching the numbers closely. Overall figures, whilst important, may not be as critical as the marginal seats as you say.

    I'm loving this. Shame the website can't process more than 2000 votes a minute.
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  8. #88

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    11,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    When there are thousands in marginal constituencies..... That's when it start to have effect.

    I doubt it will reach 17m. And the figure that makes them sh1t their pants is a lot lower than that as participation is lower. I reckon a few million, maybe 5, will give them real cause for concern.
    So ok how many people in the UK are available to vote - approx 35 million I think?

    And so 5 million want 1 thing

    and the other 30 want another

    why do you keep insisting the minority are ok to have the say over the majority?

  9. #89

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Exactly. There will be a tipping point. Only the Tories will know that. I bet the ERG are watching the numbers closely. Overall figures, whilst important, may not be as critical as the marginal seats as you say.

    I'm loving this. Shame the website can't process more than 2000 votes a minute.
    Fuq me, you're worse than Scootie and his BitCoin ramblings.

    Scootie, we need a graph! With plenty of wavy lines and "trends" and dead cats etc.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

  10. #90

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    So ok how many people in the UK are available to vote - approx 35 million I think?

    And so 5 million want 1 thing

    and the other 30 want another

    why do you keep insisting the minority are ok to have the say over the majority?
    No mate, ~46,900,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •