• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU | Metro News

The number of people signing the online petition suddenly rose overnight following Theresa May’s speech at Downing Street. Another 200,000 signatures were added in the eight hours after midnight.
    Ooops, looks like too much traffic and the website is down

She'll never listen anyway. You could get 25m sign the petition and still she'd claim the will of the people is to leave
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      0.8% of the UK population. On that basis we should revoke A50 NOW!
      Given that 99% doesn't know about that petition, this is a good reason to exile anyone who wants Brexit to make others return to normality
      Federico Razzoli
      Database Consultant

Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        if it continues to be signed at approx 60,000 per hour it will reach that number next Tuesday.
        If only those people could've managed to get off their arses on 23rd June 2016. Oh well, never mind.

Btw, also give me a shout when the total exceeds 23,450,000.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          If only those people could've managed to get off their arses on 23rd June 2016. Oh well, never mind.

it's the battle of the bots.
          Farage's russian bots are working hard to keep the site down.
          Campbell's EU bots are trying to invent names, postcodes and burner mailboxes to validate. My money's on the russkies.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The page has been killed - as is correct

What next - Labour win the next election and there is a petition to overturn the vote?

Although I have a funny feeling that that would not happen - because Tory voters accept they live in a democracy - but we know the left wing snowflakes think that the way to do things is ask the same question over and over again (in a shriller and shriller voice) until they get their own way.

Mainly because they haven't really progressed beyond the mindset of spoiled ten year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              The page has been killed - as is correct

What next - Labour win the next election and there is a petition to overturn the vote?

Although I have a funny feeling that that would not happen - because Tory voters accept they live in a democracy - but we know the left wing snowflakes think that the way to do things is ask the same question over and over again (in a shriller and shriller voice) until they get their own way.

Mainly because they haven't really progressed beyond the mindset of spoiled ten year olds.
              Oh the irony. Care to explain what your great Tory leader May is currently doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

still missing the point about Brexit (as do most other brexiters).
                It's not about democracy, nor the will of the people, nor our standing in the world. Those thinsg are just noise.

It's about the Tory party. This referendum is waste of time. It doesn't matter what the number is.

It's all about the party.
                There's unlikely to be a 2nd referendum as that won't help the party.
                A no deal exit would help party unity, but make them unelectable for generations (despite Korbyn).
                Remain would ruin party unity (more than it is now) and we'd get Korbyn for one term.
                May's deal is probably the only thing likely to help them, which is why I reckon it will happen (despite ERG and DUP).
                The only other place they could go is EFTA/Norway/whateverthe****youcallit, but that would need a much longer extension of 50.

The 17M ****wits are just a blasted inconvenience.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Petition is back up .... the numbers are flying in. Already over 731,000 - grows by 10k every few seconds.

Looks like the people don't agree with May and think she is on their side

Edit : now on 736,000

Edit 2 : Ooops, I lied, now 738,000
                  Last edited by Whorty; 21 March 2019, 11:09.

Comment

Petition maxed out, basically the number of signatures per second are as fast as the server allows, now well over 700,000.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It would be funny if it got 17.4 million.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X