• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    a whooping 1.2% of the voting population of the constituency have voted for this...

which surely means 98.8% have not....

lets just hope the majority win...

So you agree the 17.2 million who voted for brexit are a minority

Comment

On another note - when this only reaches say 3 million signatures - so clearly not a majority can we put the whole fooking thing to bed and leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        So you agree the 17.2 million who voted for brexit are a minority
        No so when you vote you need to make a decision either yes or no and your vote only counts if you cast it.

In this case there is a petition to sign - if i do not sign it i have by default not given it my support and so have voted against it.

Comment

In this case there is a petition to sign - if i do not sign it i have by default not given it my support and so have voted against it.
          So those who are unaware of the petition, or are not on the internet are automatically against. Thanks. Got that.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            We do, but some have more life than others.

And some don't have nearly enough.

Route revealed for pro-Brexit go-slow lorry protest across Yorkshire

It is Doncaster though.
            Largely driving on the M18, a motorway connecting Sheffield and Goole, with short sections of the M1 and A1 being used. Good job they are not going to be protesting driving on roads actually used by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              So those who are unaware of the petition, or are not on the internet are automatically against. Thanks. Got that.
              Yep that's it - not my fault this is an online only petition

Maybe the snowflakes who started it should have understood not everyone has an iPhone but because that would require thinking about something other than themselves for a few minutes it was never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Please explain your problem with the logic?

Comment

a whooping 1.2% of the voting population of the constituency have voted for this...

which surely means 98.8% have not....

lets just hope the majority win...

Didn't seem to help first time round did it
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is this another reffyendum?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Didn't seem to help first time round did it
                      Nope ....

but you have to live in hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X