• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that appearing completely unaware of what's happening will help brexit. The previous march was colossal. The petition's success is not cause by web-marketing, it's caused by the will to remain. Remainers are not a craxy noisy minority, they are a big majority. 3 years of daily failures, lies revealed, companies running away, etc, made this.

I respect most opinions, including brexit-ism when it is not based on racism and need to hate someone. Sane discussions between people with different ideas are great. But again: living in a bubble has nothing to do with dialogue. Normal people read these funny rants, smile, and move forward.
    Federico Razzoli
    Database Consultant

Email: [email protected]

Comment

1,007,987 signatures
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well the vote to leave the EU won.

So why are people trying to stop it happening?

Maybe all those snowflakes frothing at the mouth about the fact they have not get their own way need to chill?
        Winning the vote was just the first step. You then need to win the hearts and minds of the majority of the country that did not vote to leave and convince them that the direction you are taking them is positive and not based on lies and/or xenophobia. In this you failed.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          1,007,987 signatures
          Still ticking over at about 2000 per minute. Not bad given the majority of remainers won't even have seen the petition yet.

Nothing will come of this now, but come the next GE these people will turn on May and the Tories if they go ahead with a hard Brexit and the Tories will be destroyed.

Brexit, just keeps on giving

Comment

Site keeps crashing. If it wasn't for this the signatures would be growing even faster

I bet the IT guys in Whitehall are working their little socks off to keep those servers crunching along to give May and the loonies a kicking

Comment

Passed the million mark now.

Guys behind the site having to step in and take steps to keep it running.

Petitions Committee (@HoCpetitions) on Twitter
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Everyone realises that once it reached 100,000 - that was the final target to achieve something (10,000 votes being the other target), any additional votes after that are merely window dressing right?

By all means though snowflakes, keep signing it - if it brings you a calm frame of mind
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Everyone realises that once it reached 100,000 - that was the final target to achieve something (10,000 votes being the other target), any additional votes after that are merely window dressing right?

By all means though snowflakes, keep signing it - if it brings you a calm frame of mind
                  I'm not surprised you don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by MattZani View Post
                    I'm not surprised you don't get it
                    Ok, please tell me something tangible, that will occur/be given from any signatures after 100,001 - that will not already happen as a result of there already being 100,000 signatures.

Come on, we're all ears.
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Ok, please tell me something tangible, that will occur/be given from any signatures after 100,001 - that will not already happen as a result of there already being 100,000 signatures.

Come on, we're all ears.
                      At 1m ... almost certainly nothing

At 17m .... Tories will sh1t their pants.

Question is, what is the tipping point and when/will that tipping point be reached?

There will be different points for the various stakeholders. The Tories may have quite a high level as they're ignorant and stubborn but there will be a figure that will make them sit up and listen, especially if they are seeing high numbers in their marginal seat areas.

Will likely all come to nothing, but as with all things Brexit, it's great viewing.

Really don't get why you leavers aren't enjoying it more ... this is what you voted for

Comment

Working...
                      X