• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Really don't get why you leavers aren't enjoying it more ... this is what you voted for
    I thought lot of people voted to leave the EU.

Nobody I know voted to have a tulipload of snowflakes desperate to overturn a democratic decision because for once in their life they have been told no.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I thought lot of people voted to leave the EU.

Nobody I know voted to have a tulipload of snowflakes desperate to overturn a democratic decision because for once in their life they have been told no.
      Cheer up buttercup. This is democracy in action. This is exactly what you voted for, for the UK electorate to take back control. They have now worked out that they were lied to in 2016, and that Brexit is not all unicorns and rainbows, so they are letting this pathetic Tory shambles of a government that they have changed their mind.

You should be pleased. Come on fella, enjoy it. You'll still get your Brexit as May and the DUP will still insist on driving us over the cliff. We hold all the cards What could possibly go wrong
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Site down again ... doesn't look like the signatories are losing momentum

Comment

Site down again ... doesn't look like the signatories are losing momentum
          I forecast a boom of signatures tonight from all the 9-5 workers who haven't had time to sign yet

Comment

At 1m ... almost certainly nothing

At 17m .... Tories will sh1t their pants.
            When there are thousands in marginal constituencies..... That's when it start to have effect.

I doubt it will reach 17m. And the figure that makes them sh1t their pants is a lot lower than that as participation is lower. I reckon a few million, maybe 5, will give them real cause for concern.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Not really the rules are

'The target for petitions to be considered for debate is 100,000 signatures.'

So you have that amount and so it will go to be considered for debate in the commons.

Now that will go absolutely nowhere because if they debate in parliament we will end up with one of 2 outcomes

1 It will be ignored and we carry on
              2 It is decided a second referendum will be held

However I think can rule out 2 so it will be ignored and we can carry on.

If you think that getting even 4 or 5 million signatures will automatically mean they government will revoke A50 you are absolutely mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                When there are thousands in marginal constituencies..... That's when it start to have effect.

I doubt it will reach 17m. And the figure that makes them sh1t their pants is a lot lower than that as participation is lower. I reckon a few million, maybe 5, will give them real cause for concern.
                Exactly. There will be a tipping point. Only the Tories will know that. I bet the ERG are watching the numbers closely. Overall figures, whilst important, may not be as critical as the marginal seats as you say.

I'm loving this. Shame the website can't process more than 2000 votes a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

So ok how many people in the UK are available to vote - approx 35 million I think?

And so 5 million want 1 thing

and the other 30 want another

why do you keep insisting the minority are ok to have the say over the majority?

Comment

Exactly. There will be a tipping point. Only the Tories will know that. I bet the ERG are watching the numbers closely. Overall figures, whilst important, may not be as critical as the marginal seats as you say.

I'm loving this. Shame the website can't process more than 2000 votes a minute.
                    Fuq me, you're worse than Scootie and his BitCoin ramblings.

Scootie, we need a graph! With plenty of wavy lines and "trends" and dead cats etc.!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      So ok how many people in the UK are available to vote - approx 35 million I think?

And so 5 million want 1 thing

and the other 30 want another

why do you keep insisting the minority are ok to have the say over the majority?
                      No mate, ~46,900,000
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X