• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    You all do realise that the numbers are complete b*ll*cks. Any individual can sign the petition as many times as the they have email addresses. This could (in theory be a bot) using a list of 'stolen' email addresses. It could equally be several people with several email addresses voting over and over again.

The only thing you need to change to vote multiple time is the email address field. What a crap system, no doubt developed by some over paid IT Contractor.
    Nope, not true. You need to click on a link sent to the email address. So yes, you can try to sign the petition, but it only registers once the email address used gets the email and clicks the link.

Nice deflecting, but you need to try harder
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Exactly. I only signed it to troll the gammons. It is a silly idea, although the fact that May dismisses it is of limited relevance.

If A50 is to be withdrawn, It can only be after another referendum. But a second referendum with remain on the ballot paper would be ill advised. It should be about how the UK leaves. An EFTA type model should be one option. The other a Canada type model. This should have been set out a long time ago but here we are.
      I would agree, but the No Deal option, which still remains as a legitimate default, should also be on the ballot paper. Let the people decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Exactly. I only signed it to troll the gammons.
        This

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I know they're generally valueless. However, this one is growing fast enough to get noticed.
          At the end of the day the MPs are still more concerned about re-election than Brexit or the EU. They'll never allow anything to threaten that. Enough weight of signatures on this might make a difference to their actions, albeit it doesn't stand a chance of achieveing the aim iof revoking A50.
          They're not valueless the gammon triggering has value enough.

Anyway we are destroying the country because 26% of the voting electorate voted to leave as they were promised unicorns in a none binding referendum. It's now clear that the whole vote has been hijacked by a right wing nationalist agenda looking at the gammon hate being spewed about how we are being bullied and punished by the e.u. gone are the days when this vote was about the NHS, £350 Million payments or sovereignty.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I would agree, but the No Deal option, which still remains as a legitimate default, should also be on the ballot paper. Let the people decide.
            Can't we just crash out? May keeps threatening everyone with it - why can't she just HTFU and follow through with the threat? Even the French now think we should just get on and do this?

Come on, out now on WTO .... let's enjoy the ride

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              about 20 years of screeching from a few clints, then a 6 month campaign to make their mind up.
              No, there were 33,577,342 votes placed in a period of less than 24 hours of which 33,551,983 were deemed valid with 17,410,742 votes to leave the EU and 16,141,241 to remain in the EU.

Let's remember that people had to put some real effort into actually voting in the referendum, not just click on a few icons and enter a few details into a computer.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Don't get religious about the No Deal. Pretty much every no deal supporter would rather have Canada plus, but it has not been negotiated, so the ERG has fallen back on on deal. The problem with Canada is that the EU may not entertain it as it would breach the GFA. In that case, the options are EFTA type model or No Deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Can't we just crash out? May keeps threatening everyone with it - why can't she just HTFU and follow through with the threat? Even the French now think we should just get on and do this?

Come on, out now on WTO .... let's enjoy the ride
                  You have to remember Macron desperately wants something to blame the yellow vest protests on or his party is toast in the French EU elections. This is probably his best option right now.

Comment

2,783,605 signatures and counting. Gammons starting to feel the heat. Bloodpressure is rising and faces starting to colour purple which brings them in to post gammon state.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      No, there were 33,577,342 votes placed in a period of less than 24 hours of which 33,551,983 were deemed valid with 17,410,742 votes to leave the EU and 16,141,241 to remain in the EU.

Let's remember that people had to put some real effort into actually voting in the referendum, not just click on a few icons and enter a few details into a computer.
                      Voting was open for nearly three weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X