• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Not obsessing, simply pointing out that that is what the currently agreed process is.

Anyway, something like this?:

It would be better to have 7 separate yes / no referenda, one for each option. They would be held three months apart with official yes and no campaigns. The order in which the options appear would be selected randomly, but one at a time so there would be no view of the subsequent option until the current referendum was complete. As soon as there is a yes vote, then the process stops. If all referenda result in a no, them the whole process starts again.

Comment

Well over 4 million now. at this pace we should be at 17.4m by the end of next week, brexiteers what would you say then?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Well over 4 million now. at this pace we should be at 17.4m by the end of next week, brexiteers what would you say then?
        The UK is leaving in 29 March because that is what the law says.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Laws are made by man, can easily be changed or ignored
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Kerchiing

Anyone who genuinely believes that is going to happen, you could make some serious money...

Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting

Good luck with that. Myself I bet enough against the deadline being met to pay for a decent case of fizz when it goes whooshing by ...
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

TfL Traffic News on Twitter: "⚠ CENTRAL LONDON MARCH ⚠ The crowds have gathered on Park Lane and will march via Piccadilly, St James's Street, Pall Mall, Cockspur Street and Whitehall to Parliament Square, where they will hold a rally which is expected to end at approximately 1700.… https://t.co/8kizZARJi6"
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You’ll need to define “law” better.

Under EU / international law, we are subject to the Lisbon Treaty, under which we have A50, under which section 3 has now been satisfied: the Council have unanimously agreed to extend, therefore we have extended and we are not leaving the EU on 29 March.

Edit: “in agreement” with the member state is not formally defined, but as the request came from the UK to extend, the agreement for extension is implied as having been made. What hasn’t been finalised or agreed is the new end date.
                Last edited by meridian; 23 March 2019, 13:24.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Not slowing down is it
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nobody cares. Brexit is happening no matter how much lefties want to cry about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X