• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No we take part in trade deals that are beneficial to all parties across the world - not the ones which benefit the mainly white northern Europe population.
    When you say "all" do you mean offer everyone better trade terms than under WTO rules, globally?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No we take part in trade deals that are beneficial to all parties across the world - not the ones which benefit the mainly white northern Europe population.
      ha ha, this is hilarious. Is this the new narrative of the right wing xenophobes? To pretend to be on the side of the non-white person!

Why don't we make it even more open and fair? When we negotiate trade deals with countries, include in that deal free movement of people so that our residents can live and work in their country, and they can live and work in our country? I wonder if the EU would want a deal like that? Of course, this is exactly what India, the US and China will insist anyway
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Hahahahaha, good one.

So the proposed renegotiation of the UK/Japan trade deal, how is that going to be beneficial for anyone other than the UK and/or Japan?

Is the UK extending the EBA trade agreements with developing countries?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Those facts are so confusing, but do try to understand. Remainer does not equal leftie.

I mean how do Nicky Morgan, Stephen Hammond, Sarah Wollaston, Heidi Allen, Mark Pawsey, Ken Clarke and Jonathan Djanogly (Tories) fit into this "leftie" narrative?

Is that the left wing BBC that idiot right-wingers hate? Or the right wing BBC that idiot lefties hate? (The Times is a largely Remain paper - do you consider that left-wing?).

Of course, there's no way at all that a flaw highlighted in 2016 hasn't been rectified.

The raw data for breakdown by country and constituency here. Once you've wiped the froth off your mouth over people not in Britain signing the petition, you see the breakdown by constituency. That's where this map comes from. Now take the figures for the referendum vote by constituency, and perform a correlation test on the data.

Here's a website to get you started on the maths.

Don't forget to show your working!
          You want me to explain in detail how you can take a list of all UK postcodes and map it onto the EU referendum vote results and feed that data into the script that fills in the petition form? Surely even someone with absolutely zero programming knowledge would understand that this is an easy thing to do.
          Last edited by cannon999; 25 March 2019, 09:47.

Comment

To all the muppets banging on about trade deals:

Protectionism - Wikipedia

There is a broad consensus among economists that protectionism has a negative effect on economic growth and economic welfare, while free trade and the reduction of trade barriers has a positive effect on economic growth.
            You don't need a trade deal to trade with another country.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
              You want me to explain in detail how you can take a list of all UK postcodes and map it onto the EU referendum vote results and feed that data into the script that fills in the petition form? I surely even someone with absolutely zero programming knowledge would understand that this is an easy thing to do.
              I think we've found the new number 1 brexidiot

Comment

To all the muppets banging on about trade deals:

Protectionism - Wikipedia

You don't need a trade deal to trade with another country.
                Of course not, nobody is saying you do. Germany already exports to China, there is nothing currently stopping the UK doing the same (legally, trade-wise).

However, if solely on WTO rules was so great, why does every nation on Earth try to do trade deals?

Comment

You want me to explain in detail how you can take a list of all UK postcodes and map it onto the EU referendum vote results and feed that data into the script that fills in the petition form? Surely even someone with absolutely zero programming knowledge would understand that this is an easy thing to do.
                  Constituencies, you moron. You can't even get that right.

Of course it's possible to write a script that registers unique email addresses, picks up the confirmation email and responds... but that doesn't make it probable. Do you have any evidence other than your own brainfarts? Or is it simply that the idea that a few million remainers and some pissed off brexiters might vote on a petition? What's your alternate reality? That only 5 real people signed it? That the 16 million who voted remain have now dwindled to Old Greg and his dog? Why do you need it to be fake? I could understand it if was approaching 15 million, but 5.2 is hardly going to change anything, is it?

Most ridiculous theory was some other moron claiming it was the Russians hacking the petition platform. Yeah - the Russians. Who oppose Brexit sooooooooooo much.

But you do agree now that remainer does not mean leftie and leftie does not mean remainer? So I assume you're going to drop that particular trope.

Comment

Show us what you can do with this one.
                    Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019. - Petitions

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      I think we've found the new number 1 brexidiot
                      Nah - he's just doing the typical troll thing. Nobody is that utterly moronic. (I have been proved wrong before...)

Comment

Working...
                      X