• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More than 500,000 people sign petition to scrap Brexit and remain in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When you say "all" do you mean offer everyone better trade terms than under WTO rules, globally?
    When I say all I mean let's stop thinking about Europeans and Asians and Americans and Africans and start thinking about Human beings.

If we truly want to be a global society the first thing we must do is tear down our local borders.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      If we truly want to be a global society the first thing we must do is tear down our local borders.
      Ah, so you're a fan of freedom of movement.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That's what they started doing in the Schengen area and you're against that

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
          To all the muppets banging on about trade deals:

Protectionism - Wikipedia

You don't need a trade deal to trade with another country.
          What you still don't get, and why we're in this situation, is a lot of remainers have resolved to leave the EU BUT we want to do it in a controlled way that does not do long term damage to the economy. There should have been cross party working to get a WA deal that parliament could agree to but instead the brexistremists are calling the shots and the Tories are letting them do this; problem with this is they are a minority and they are not willing to compromise.

It seems any compromise must come from the remainers, but the leavers are not willing to budge. You may have 'won' the referendum, but not by much and now you have most likely lost that majority due to your inability to work with others.

Your blinkers do not let you see this. That fella is your problem not ours. Maybe when you grow up you'll understand all this. I won't hold my breath until you do though.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Constituencies, you moron. You can't even get that right.

Of course it's possible to write a script that registers unique email addresses, picks up the confirmation email and responds... but that doesn't make it probable. Do you have any evidence other than your own brainfarts? Or is it simply that the idea that a few million remainers and some pissed off brexiters might vote on a petition? What's your alternate reality? That only 5 real people signed it? That the 16 million who voted remain have now dwindled to Old Greg and his dog? Why do you need it to be fake? I could understand it if was approaching 15 million, but 5.2 is hardly going to change anything, is it?

Most ridiculous theory was some other moron claiming it was the Russians hacking the petition platform. Yeah - the Russians. Who oppose Brexit sooooooooooo much.

But you do agree now that remainer does not mean leftie and leftie does not mean remainer? So I assume you're going to drop that particular trope.

woof woof

Comment

the first thing we must do is tear down our local borders.
              Is this an official UKIP and Tory policy now? Are they not bothered anymore then by immigration, and the 78 million Turks who are going to invade the country?

Comment

Constituencies, you moron. You can't even get that right.

Of course it's possible to write a script that registers unique email addresses, picks up the confirmation email and responds... but that doesn't make it probable. Do you have any evidence other than your own brainfarts? Or is it simply that the idea that a few million remainers and some pissed off brexiters might vote on a petition? What's your alternate reality? That only 5 real people signed it? That the 16 million who voted remain have now dwindled to Old Greg and his dog? Why do you need it to be fake? I could understand it if was approaching 15 million, but 5.2 is hardly going to change anything, is it?

Most ridiculous theory was some other moron claiming it was the Russians hacking the petition platform. Yeah - the Russians. Who oppose Brexit sooooooooooo much.

But you do agree now that remainer does not mean leftie and leftie does not mean remainer? So I assume you're going to drop that particular trope.
                Constituency... postcode.. nope, can't think how those are connected You keep making me smile, please carry on!

What makes it probable is the link that I have just posted that signals that this has already been done for a petition in the past. And I have no doubt that some pationate leftie who is a bit technical can do this. And again (you seem to have trouble reading and understanding information) I didn't say anywhere that this was done, I said that it CAN easily be done. Which makes the numbers have no meaning.

Now onto your last point. Let's do a review of my posts.

Nobody cares. Brexit is happening no matter how much lefties want to cry about it.
                I would say that a junior developer with low to zero skill could automate this form submission with fake names/email addresses.
                I'm sorry, did the truth that I have posted hurt your feelings? Maybe you should create a petition
                Link?
                So no link then.
                And like I said, no link then, just excuses. Also I didn't say the numbers have been gamed, I said they can be gamed. And they deffinitely can be, so whatever link you claim exists is tulip.
                Oh wow thanks for the link. You are right a left wing BBC article that claims that the data correlates demographically with pro-EU areas is obvious proof that the system 'probably' isn't being gamed. I mean it's not like this data is public knowledge and it's not like people haven't already tried to game this ridiculous petition system before.

EU referendum petition hijacked by bots - BBC News

Do you believe that Santa is real too?
                No, not quite. More like ridiculing and undermining the minority that is unable to accept the result of a democratic vote.

It's actually funny to watch. And I am pretty certain that it another vote was to happen, we would still win. Because despite what the lefty media will have you believe, people haven't changed their minds. That's because we haven't left yet and we don't know what the UK looks like outside of EU. All we know is that the world didn't end when article 50 was triggered.
                Now that you have reviewed this, can you highlight where I have said that remainer equals leftie? The point I am making is that the majority who are crying about this all over the shop are lefties. It's always the lefties that have a hard time accepting democracy. It's evident by the tulip that fills up my newsfeed on facebook. I'm sorry to upset you but on the matter of brexit you are just a very noisy minority no matter how many petitions you create.

Now that you have shown that you have no capability of reading what other people post or process information you are free to walk on

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
                  Let me know when you've done the maths homework I set you. Then I'm sure we'll let you talk with the grown-ups again.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

... Then I'm sure we'll let you talk with the grown-ups again.
                    Snowflake stereotype behaviour.

Comment

Let me know when you've done the maths homework I set you. Then I'm sure we'll let you talk with the grown-ups again.
                      Yes, I didn't think you would have much left to say after you have publiclly pooped your pants.

Comment

Working...
                      X