• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are the majority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Facebook feed is full of this stuff today, can't wait for it all to be over...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      If only the 17.4m was still that large .... deep down, you know that value is much lower now else the leavers wouldn't be so scared of a 2nd ref
      Not scared at all as the result will be the same but we've had a referendum and decided. Having more until we get the right result is very EU but I suppose the social media sheep like being led up the garden path

Most Brexiteers I know wouldn't have liked it if remain had won first time but they would of accepted it and moved on doing their best for the UK. Unlike your lot with your petulence and outright disdain for your own Country. A second vote won't have us accepting a remain result and the consequent squashing of UK interests by an arrogant EU elite it'll only exasperate our woes. We need to get out of the EU simply to restore sanity and balance and allow us to invest in our future

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        Most Brexiteers I know wouldn't have liked it if remain had won first time but they would of have accepted it and moved on doing their best for the UK.
        You, maybe. But it certainly wouldn't have been accepted by a large number, who would have continued to campaign for what they thought was right for the country*. And quite rightly. The UK is a democracy.

"There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said."

"UKIP and I are going nowhere and the party will only continue to grow stronger in the future."

etc. etc.

* Except of course those who were shorting the result...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's not fair to use facts against cretins.

Comment

Most Brexiteers I know wouldn't have liked it if remain had won first time but they would of accepted it and moved on doing their best for the UK.
            I have a feeling we will be testing that assertion soon.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not scared at all as the result will be the same but we've had a referendum and decided. Having more until we get the right result is very EU but I suppose the social media sheep like being led up the garden path

Most Brexiteers I know wouldn't have liked it if remain had won first time but they would of accepted it and moved on doing their best for the UK. Unlike your lot with your petulence and outright disdain for your own Country. A second vote won't have us accepting a remain result and the consequent squashing of UK interests by an arrogant EU elite it'll only exasperate our woes. We need to get out of the EU simply to restore sanity and balance and allow us to invest in our future
              It's only because as children if they were told no then stamping their feet, crying and holding their breath until they turn blue got that no turned into a yes.

Now they are in adult world they think the same actions will get the same results...

Hopefully it will not but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                ...stamping their feet, crying and holding their breath until they turn blue got that no turned into a yes.
                You mean like Farage and his supporters intended to do?

"There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said."

"UKIP and I are going nowhere and the party will only continue to grow stronger in the future."

Aka, exercising their democratic rights to continue to try to effect change?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  But they won so they didn't.

Need to stick to what happened and not what might have happened if things had turned out differently.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You, maybe. But it certainly wouldn't have been accepted by a large number, who would have continued to campaign for what they thought was right for the country*. And quite rightly. The UK is a democracy.

etc. etc.

* Except of course those who were shorting the result...
                    Yes, but it wouldn't have got the time of day though. I posted the other day about how the Quebec Independence referendum was lost by the tiniest of margins (less than one percent) in '95 but since it was the result the establishment wanted it has stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
                      Yes, but it wouldn't have got the time of day though. I posted the other day about how the Quebec Independence referendum was lost by the tiniest of margins (less than one percent) in '95 but since it was the result the establishment wanted it has stuck.
                      You mean the opposite of brexit which had a 4% majority but was not what the establishment wanted?

Comment

Working...
                      X