• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are the majority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You mean the opposite of brexit which had a 4% majority but was not what the establishment wanted?
    I mean if remain had won by the slenderest of margins it would have been put to bed for another generation.

Whether or not there would have been a nod to the losing side in the way of extracting some concessions / reforms from the EU is another thing. I don't know, I'm an onlooker, albeit one with a vested interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
      I mean if remain had won by the slenderest of margins it would have been put to bed for another generation.

Whether or not there would have been a nod to the losing side in the way of extracting some concessions / reforms from the EU is another thing. I don't know, I'm an onlooker, albeit one with a vested interest.
      Absolutely this

The problem is that we now live in the era of the snowflake. People who are so easily offended that unless they get their way they will kick and scream throwing a tantrum just like any two year old. They are incapable of accepting another point of view. They claim to be the upholders of democracy whilst openly seeking to undermine it.

Remainer definition - snowflake.

enough said

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Remainer definition - snowflake.
        Millenial? Left-wing? Right-wing? What kind of snowflake?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But they won so they didn't.
          But had they lost, they would have so stop being a dildo.

Had leavers taken remainers on the journey rather than gloating "we won, you lost, get over it" the country could be in a very different place today. You insisted that you won therefore only your view counted and we have to accept whatever you decide. Well, my ignorant friend, this is not how the real world works. Even leavers are turning against your extreme vision of brexit - what does that tell you?

You and your xenophobic lot have created this situation. Enjoy your success
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            But had they lost, they would have so stop being a dildo.

Had leavers taken remainers on the journey rather than gloating "we won, you lost, get over it" the country could be in a very different place today. You insisted that you won therefore only your view counted and we have to accept whatever you decide. Well, my ignorant friend, this is not how the real world works. Even leavers are turning against your extreme vision of brexit - what does that tell you?

You and your xenophobic lot have created this situation. Enjoy your success
            Forget the gammonerati, the problem was May's pandering to the ERG. After a 52 to 48 split on a binary issue, it would have been possible to coalesce a majority consensus around a Norway type model. A small minority at either extreme would have been unhappy but WGAS. May got stuck no obsessions around an entirely independent trade policy. And here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Millenial? Left-wing? Right-wing? What kind of snowflake?
              I thought I had defined a snowflake. WGAS what their political leanings are, they are snowflakes, with all the mentality of a two year old who will scream, and scream, and scream, until they are sick and get their way regardless of democracy.

Comment

I thought I had defined a snowflake. WGAS what their political leanings are, they are snowflakes, with all the mentality of a two year old who will scream, and scream, and scream, until they are sick and get their way regardless of democracy.
                And... have they got their way, these snowflakes? Why are you so about them?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is funny - I was in our 'digital' area with the 'digital' teams - and there was a discussion of brexit going on - now all these youngsters/millennials/snowflakes obviously are all pro EU.

I just happened to be in there talking about something completely different and they know me and my views.

The one I was talking to looked me in the eye and said

'You cannot have a say in this discussion because you disagree with us' - I said 'Isn't that the nature of a discussion' to which the response was 'No - we only discuss what we have agreed is right and acceptable to believe'

Like fook that tulip.

Comment

This is funny - I was in our 'digital' area with the 'digital' teams - and there was a discussion of brexit going on - now all these youngsters/millennials/snowflakes obviously are all pro EU.

I just happened to be in there talking about something completely different and they know me and my views.

The one I was talking to looked me in the eye and said

'You cannot have a say in this discussion because you disagree with us' - I said 'Isn't that the nature of a discussion' to which the response was 'No - we only discuss what we have agreed is right and acceptable to believe'

Like fook that tulip.
                    Things That Did Not Happen #372

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post

If remain had won everybody would have known what we would get. So no reason to vote again. Leave won however and no-one had any idea what was going to happen, now we kind of know many promises made by the leave campaign were lies , we have a deal on the table nobody seems to like, so enough reasons to have the vote again.

Comment

Working...
                      X