• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Metropolitan elites telling us what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Why do you think that a political party manifesto is still valid even if that party is not in Government?
    because it is what we elect our MPs on. otherwise they could tell you any old tulip on the door step to get your vote and do exactly the opposite when elected. Oh sorry that is exactly what they are doing right now. Silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      because it is what we elect our MPs on. otherwise they could tell you any old tulip on the door step to get your vote and do exactly the opposite when elected. Oh sorry that is exactly what they are doing right now. Silly me.
      This is the British model of representative parliamentary democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        But that’s not what a manifesto is.

From the Parliamentary website:

Manifesto - Glossary page - UK Parliament

A manifesto is a publication issued by a political party before a General Election. It contains the set of policies that the party stands for and would wish to implement if elected to govern.
        I’ve highlighted the important bit for you. Labour were not elected to govern, therefore their manifesto becomes null and void once the election is over. They are then free to provide Opposition, as Parliament should be.

Comment

Labour’s manifesto went out of date the day they lost the election. SNP and Lib Dems are sticking to theirs. The DUP, who knows.

Which just leaves the minority government of the Conservatives.

Clue is in the word “minority”.

What other manifesto promises have the Conservatives stuck to and implemented since 2017?
          Add to this that quite a few Tory MPs run their campaign on a leave card, so the minority Tory manifesto is even more minority. Hence why they should have worked cross bench.

The only party campaigning for WTO / no-deal was UKIP and they got exactly ZERO seats. It is therefore undemocratic to leave with no-deal when the Tory manifesto was to leave with a deal.

One day the leavers will understand this. Maybe
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha, **** me, perhaps them all being white does have something to do with it.

Surely public school types can’t be this stupid and lacking in common sense?

Comment

They are that stupid as has been proven time and time again...KKK

Hahahahahahahaha, **** me, perhaps them all being white does have something to do with it.

Surely public school types can’t be this stupid and lacking in common sense?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X