• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit - easy answer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit - easy answer

Surely the whole answer to this whole Brexit debacle is to negotiate a deal with the EU that is to all intents and purposes exactly the same as the existing deal we have (maybe some slight adjustments like we get a blue passport and the French get to make Cheddar) with them and get MPs to vote on it (which they would pass). This way Brexiteers get to march around Wetherspoons celebrating that they won and did a Brexit and no damage done.

Is there a flaw in this?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Surely the whole answer to this whole Brexit debacle is to negotiate a deal with the EU that is to all intents and purposes exactly the same as the existing deal we have (maybe some slight adjustments like we get a blue passport and the French get to make Cheddar) with them and get MPs to vote on it (which they would pass). This way Brexiteers get to march around Wetherspoons celebrating that they won and did a Brexit and no damage done.

Is there a flaw in this?
    Cake and eat it .....

The EU are not going to allow us the same deal out as we have in. They stated this from day 1. Whatever deal we get, we will always be worse off.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Cake and eat it .....

The EU are not going to allow us the same deal out as we have in. They stated this from day 1. Whatever deal we get, we will always be worse off.
      We will be. Under my idea we lose protected status on Cheddar. Everything else remains exactly the same. We just call it UK 2.0. It is highly cunning.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Cake and eat it .....

I wonder why. It's a bit like a Readers Digest subscription (one for the teenagers). It's all about the money, money, money...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Is there a flaw in this?
          Yes. Who's going to pay Junckers bar bill?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I wonder why. It's a bit like a Readers Digest subscription (one for the teenagers). It's all about the money, money, money...
            Do we really have to use the Private Golf Club analogy again? Really?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Is there a flaw in this?
              A superlative idea sir, with just two minor flaws.

Comment

Is there a flaw in this?

Nothing apart from you being a complete bellend and moron.

Comment

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Do we really have to use the Private Golf Club analogy again? Really?
                    Who mentioned Golf?

Comment

Working...
                    X