• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May reaches out to Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May reaches out to Corbyn

Theresa May calls on Jeremy Corbyn to help deliver Brexit in call for 'national unity' | PoliticsHome.com

This should go well.

Yeah unity around her “deal” as well as not doiny anything supposedly voted in referendum

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Getting more and more relevant with every day that passes.

Have we had the latest batch of pointless alternative motions and votes yet to use up some more valuable time?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Brexit is now:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ever thought that this might just be a political master stoke?

Get Corbyn on board, get what is essentially his Brexit plan through, wait for the fallout of being Vassal state of the EU with no say and yet still contributing millions to the EU, and blame Corbyn and make sure it sticks. It was his deal not the Tory deal. Hold snap election and defeat Corbyn once and for all.

Or am I giving May too much credit for strategic thinking and playing the long game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Ever thought that this might just be a political master stoke?

Get Corbyn on board, get what is essentially his Brexit plan through, wait for the fallout of being Vassal state of the EU with no say and yet still contributing millions to the EU, and blame Corbyn and make sure it sticks. It was his deal not the Tory deal. Hold snap election and defeat Corbyn once and for all.

Or am I giving May too much credit for strategic thinking and playing the long game.
                  No, you’re repeating the Leave MP’s strategy - why has BoJo, Gove, Rees-Mogg, etc not called for the PM to step down?
                  Because they want someone to blame for the mess they got the country into. Once it all dies down and Brexit has been done, then give it a couple of years and those guys will suddenly pop up again, claiming that it’s time they ran the country to sort out the mess. They’ll rely on the short term memory of the voters (helped by the popular media), and you’ll vote for them.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Loving some of the comments from the ERG ..... "we'll never support a deal that May pulls together with Corbyn", "May will never get our vote" etc .... as if they've supported anything she's done so far.

May has listened to the ERG scum for too long. It's about time she challenged them. If they don't like it they can always go and join Farage's party
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X